Eamonn Holmes accuses ITV of ‘lying’ about his This Morning exit and admits he still doesn’t know why he was axed

Eamonn Holmes
Eamonn was axed from This Morning final 12 months however claims he nonetheless doesn’t know why (Image: Rex)

In November 2020, the 62-year-old presenter and his spouse Ruth Langsford, 61, had been axed from their normal Friday morning spot and

Whereas Ruth has her common spot on the Unfastened Ladies panel, Eamonn made the change from his mid-morning position to breakfast information on GB Information, which he introduced in November.

Since leaving This Morning, Eamonn has claimed ITV had been ‘sly’ and stated he wasn’t handled with ‘respect’ throughout his time on the present.

Now, he’s claiming ITV bosses are ‘mendacity’ about his exit, saying: ‘Let’s get it straight, they left me!’

He added that he has no concept why he was let go from the present, telling The Mirror: ‘I want anyone would present me the e-mail or the letter or that I used to be despatched to say, “Eamonn, this is the reason that is coming to an finish.”

Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford
Eamonn and his spouse Ruth Langsford used to carry an everyday Friday slot on the daytime present (Image: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

Eamonn Holmes
However now Eamonn presents on GB Information (Image: GB Information)

‘However to inform lies, that I left them to go to GB Information…I didn’t – they left me.

‘Let’s get it straight. They left me. I don’t care, as a result of our viewers is simply up.’

Eamonn Holmes
He claims that ITV ‘left’ him, relatively than him leaving to go to GBNews (Image: PA)

A spokesperson for ITV advised Metro.co.uk: ‘This isn’t a model of occasions that we recognise and as now we have stated earlier than we want Eamonn all the best.’

In the course of the interview, Eamonn additionally confessed to not watching This Morning anymore, saying ‘It will be too… delicate.’

Earlier this 12 months, the journalist has made his emotions in direction of the daytime programme extraordinarily clear, after he accused ITV of being ‘sly’.

Chatting with The Guardian, Eamonn had stated: ‘It was apparent I didn’t tick the containers for ITV any extra and I wasn’t being handled with respect there.’

‘It was a vanity factor. You assume “nah I’m out of right here, bye!” In order that was it. And nothing’s modified: I play what I do straight,’ he added.

Metro.co.uk has reached out to ITV for remark.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post