‘It’s extremely difficult’ – Andy Murray hopes to return to Wimbledon next year but admits injuries will have final say

TENNIS-GBR-WIMBLEDON
Murray suffered his earliest Wimbledon exit on Wednesday (Image: Getty)

Andy Murray hopes to return to Wimbledon subsequent 12 months however admits competing on the prime degree is now ‘extraordinarily troublesome’ after main accidents over time.

The 35-year-old suffered his earliest ever exit at SW19 on Wednesday, crashing out after defeat to John Isner of their second-round conflict.

Murray has twice undergone main hip operations to extend his time on the summit of his sport and likewise carried an belly harm into this month’s competitors within the capital.

And whereas he intends to return in 2023 to mount a stronger problem, the Scot concedes he can not make long-term predictions along with his profession.

‘Properly, yeah,’ Murray stated to reporters when requested if he desires to return to Wimbledon.

Day Three: The Championships - Wimbledon 2022
Murray has been suffering from harm in recent times (Image: Getty)

‘I imply, it depends upon how I'm bodily, [if] bodily I really feel good, then we’ll attempt to preserve taking part in.

‘However it’s extraordinarily troublesome with the issues I’ve had with my physique in the previous couple of years to make long-term predictions about how I’m going to be even in just a few weeks, by no means thoughts in a 12 months’s time.

‘If bodily I’m in place, yeah, I'll proceed to play. However it’s not straightforward to maintain my physique in optimum situation to compete on the highest degree.’

Murray added: ‘It’s irritating as a result of I used to be in place with my recreation. The harm didn’t assist. The optimistic is that bodily I used to be superb through the matches (at Wimbledon). I simply couldn’t fairly get the win in the present day.’

Murray adopted Emma Raducanu out of Wimbledon after the US Open champion suffered a straight units defeat to Caroline Garcia.

Cameron Norrie in the meantime fought again to beat Jaume Munar in 5 units to ebook his place within the third spherical.

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post