Aston Villa sack Steven Gerrard following Fulham defeat

Steven Gerrard
Villa misplaced 3-0 to Fulham on Thursday evening (Image: Getty)

Aston Villa have confirmed Steven Gerrard has been sacked as supervisor with instant impact.

The Premier League facet introduced their resolution to half methods with the previous England worldwide simply an hour after their 3-0 defeat to Fulham.

A quick assertion from the membership learn: ‘Aston Villa Soccer Membership can affirm that Head Coach Steven Gerrard has left the membership with instant impact.

‘A membership spokesman stated: “We want to thank Steven for his laborious work and dedication and want him properly for the long run.”‘

Thursday’s defeat at Craven Cottage leaves Villa seventeenth within the Premier League – three factors from backside having received simply two of their 11 video games this season, shedding seven.

Gerrard left Scottish giants Rangers to affix Villa in November 2021, succeeding Dean Smith on the Midlands membership.

The previous Liverpool captain was closely backed by the board in the summertime, bringing his former Anfield teammate Philippe Coutinho to the membership on a everlasting deal and signing Diego Carlos, Boubacar Kamara and Leander Dendoncker.

Steven Gerrard
Followers chanted for Gerrard to go away on Thursday evening (Image: Getty)

However a poor document of 13 wins from 40 video games in his 11 months in cost has seen his first Premier League job finish in disappointment.

Villa followers chanted ‘we would like Gerrard out’ as their facet fell to a dismal defeat to newly promoted Fulham. Simply minutes earlier than his dismissal, Gerrard vowed to combat on in a four-minute post-match press convention.

‘It was a tricky evening for me personally, however I’m a person I settle for it, I perceive it, I share their frustrations and ache and I’m somebody who’s trustworthy,’ Gerrard stated.

‘I do know they’re actually not having fun with it in the meanwhile. I’m actually not. You recognize and I do know I’m in a really completely different place proper now.

‘I’m a fighter, I’ll by no means ever stop something actually when it comes right down to soccer or something in life, so we’ll see what occurs shifting ahead.’

Former Tottenham supervisor Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly being focused to succeed Gerrard.

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post