‘I miss you terribly’: Jamie Foxx remembers sister DeOndra Dixon on anniversary of her death

Jamie Foxx sister DeOndra
Jamie Foxx remembered his late sister on the anniversary of her dying (Image: Getty)

Jamie Foxx has shared an emotional message on the second anniversary of his sister’s dying.

The Day Shift actor introduced the unhappy information in October 2020, confirming that his sibling, DeOndra Dixon, had died on the age of 36.

Taking to Instagram, he marked the poignant day with a string of pictures of the pair collectively, and opened up about his grief.

In a heartfelt caption, the 54-year-old penned: ‘Deondra I do know ur in heaven making everybody chortle… and have everybody dancing to your songs.

‘I miss you terribly, however I do know that your soul is shining shiny. 

‘I really like u without end [sic].’

Jamie Foxx sister DeOndra
DeOndra died in 2020 on the age of 36 (Image: Instagram)

Followers and well-known associates shared their help for Foxx within the feedback beneath, with Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger main the way in which.

She merely penned: ‘All of the love.’

Loren Ridinger replied: ‘Love you Deondra all the time. Love you @iamjamiefoxx.’

A follower stated: ‘I’m sorry in your loss, I’m positive she is a lovely angel and watching over her household.’

Jamie Foxx
Jamie was supported by buddies on the poignant day (Image: Getty)

‘RIP. Have fun her life…. All of us die and can all be collectively once more,’ an Instagram person added.

Foxx confirmed the information of Dixon’s dying in a press release shared on social media, describing her as a ‘shiny mild’.

Following her dying, he defined that the loss ‘took the life’ out of him in a candid interview, as he spoke of his grief.

In a chat with Males’s Well being UK final yr, he stated: ‘Hear, the pandemic was horrible for lots of people – together with me – on the house entrance.

‘I began out a bit loopy. Like, “Get away from the home windows, Covid is correct exterior!” I used to be that.’

‘After which we obtained hit unhealthy with my sister passing away [last October]. That simply took the life out of me. I nonetheless can hear my sister’s voice, chortle, and stuff like that.

‘However on the similar time, it did permit me to lock down and get issues finished artistically that I could not have gotten a possibility to do… Covid gave me a therapeutic alternative.’

Observe on

Snapchat Code Metro Showbiz

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post