Shakira appears to reference bitter Gerard Pique split in new song Monotonia

Shakira has seemingly made reference to her doomed romance with Gerard Pique in a brand new track, following their cut up.

Earlier this 12 months, the Hips Don’t Lie singer introduced that her relationship with the Barcelona footballer, 35, was over after greater than a decade collectively.

In her new track, titled Monotonia, the 45-year-old appeared to intention among the lyrics on the athlete – who she shares two kids with.

‘It’s a vital goodbye. What was unimaginable turned routine,’ she may very well be heard singing in Spanish. ‘Your lips don’t style like something to me.

‘I do know that I gave greater than you.’

‘You left me due to your narcissism. You forgot what we was,’ she sang, describing his perspective as ‘distant’.

Shakira Gerard Pique
Shakira and Gerard Pique cut up earlier this 12 months after 11 years collectively (Image: AP)

Within the accompanying music video, which premiered on YouTube this week, she may very well be seen in tears as she wandered across the aisles of a grocery store.

The musician met her now-ex in 2010, when she filmed a music video for her World Cup anthem, Waka Waka.

They dated for 11 years and welcomed sons Milan and Sasha collectively in that point.

Shakira not too long ago spoke out over their long-term relationship ending in a candid interview, and vowed that she put ‘all the pieces’ into the time they spent collectively.

Shakira Gerard Pique
The previous couple share two kids collectively (Image: Getty)

‘Generally I simply really feel like that is all a foul dream and that I’m going to get up sooner or later. However no, it’s actual. And what’s additionally actual is the frustration to see one thing as sacred and as particular as I assumed was the connection I had with my children’ father and see that become one thing vulgarized and cheapened by the media,’ she started to Elle Journal.

‘I feel that these particulars are by some means too non-public to share, a minimum of at this very second – all the pieces is so uncooked and new. I can solely say that I put all the pieces I had into this relationship and my household.’

Reflecting on their relationship, the Wherever, Every time musician mentioned that she put her personal profession on the backburner to be a assist system for her family members.

‘One of many two needed to make that effort and that sacrifice. And I did it. I put my profession in second gear and I got here to Spain, to assist him so he might play soccer and win titles. And it was a sacrifice of affection. Because of that, my children have been in a position to have a gift mother, and I've this wonderful bond with them that's unbreakable and that sustains us,’ she continued.

‘It’s arduous to speak about it, particularly as a result of I’m nonetheless going by way of it, and since I’m within the public eye and since our separation is just not like an everyday separation. And so it’s been powerful not just for me, but additionally for my children. Extremely tough.

‘No matter how issues ended or how Gerard and I really feel about one another as ex-partners, he's the daddy of my kids. We now have a job to do for these two unimaginable boys, and I've religion that we are going to work out what's greatest for his or her future, their very own goals in life, and what's a good answer for everybody concerned. And I hope and would admire if we got the area to do this privately.’

Observe on

Snapchat Code Metro Showbiz

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post