
Mikel Arteta has rejected options Dusan Vlahovic shouldn't be a practical goal for Arsenal amid claims the Fiorentina frontman is reluctant to affix the Gunners.
Arsenal have made signing a brand new striker this month their prime precedence after banishing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from the squad, whereas Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah are each out of contract in the summertime.
Serie A prime scorer Vlahovic – who has netted 16 occasions within the league this season – has emerged as their prime goal, although Arsenal could must fork out in extra of £70million to land the Serb.

There have additionally been options that the 21-year-old’s desire is to stay in Italy and he would fairly be a part of Juventus or Inter Milan over the Gunners, whereas some experiences even claimed his agent was refusing to reply Arsenal’s calls.
However Arteta insists the most effective gamers on the earth do nonetheless need to transfer to the Emirates and says the lure of becoming a member of a membership of Arsenal’s standing stays an enormous attraction when attempting to signal gamers of Vlahovic’s calibre.
Requested if a participant like Vlahovic is a practical goal, notably provided that Arsenal usually are not in Europe, Arteta replied: ‘I don’t know. Traditionally this membership has all the time been focusing on the most effective gamers on the earth and the most effective gamers on the earth had been all the time taken with coming right here.
‘And I can say that that scenario hasn’t modified. So each time I've spoken to any participant they had been so prepared to return.
‘I haven’t confronted some other scenario and that’s one in all our largest powers, and our capability to get the eye of individuals to return and be a part of our membership is one thing that may be a large benefit for us.’
Arteta refused to reply a direct query about Arsenal’s curiosity in Vlahovic however did say that the membership are persevering with to work exhausting behind the scenes to discover alternatives to strengthen the squad this month.
Requested in regards to the Fiorentina star, he replied: ‘I’m actually sorry to disappoint you however you already know I'm not going to be discussing any switch rumours. I’ve by no means performed it and clearly we can't do it.’

On whether or not he's hopeful of including new gamers this month, Arteta continued: ‘What I actually need this month is that we've as many gamers as doable match and wholesome and we do the most effective and most that we are able to with these gamers.
‘And after that we've a method of how we need to evolve and enhance the crew and at any time when that's doable we're going to attempt to do it. However everyone knows that this market is extraordinarily troublesome.’
.
.
Post a Comment