pictures of a mum and her impressive bulk buying stash
‘I received’t want to purchase meat till the tip of the yr’ (Image: Caters Information)

An excellent-saver mum has shared her procuring suggestions after bulk-buying sufficient meals to assist feed her household for the remainder of 2022.

Lindzi Bebbington-Colbourne saved greater than £1,000 by shopping for groceries close to the use-by date.

Not solely has she bought sufficient meat to see herself and her three children via till Christmas, however she additionally buys sufficient to share with family and friends – and to donate to meals banks.

How has Lindzi been in a position to stockpile a lot meals? With the assistance of 5 freezers.

The police officer from Lincolnshire has been procuring within the decreased part for years, explaining that she was raised in a poor family, so she is aware of how vital it's to not let meals go to waste.

The 47-year-old stated: ‘I understand how it feels to be hungry as a baby and I thank my childhood for my discount searching ethic.

‘I purchase good high quality meals at decreased costs and freezing my procuring permits me to seize a discount now and get monetary savings in the long term.

‘Saving cash is a large buzz for me and I like seeing different folks getting bargains too.

‘The value of dwelling has gone via the roof, so I prefer to encourage folks to save lots of the place they will – and it can save you cash in your meals procuring.’

 Some of the discounted food haul that Lindzi managed to get
Spectacular (Image: Caters Information Company)

Lindzi went procuring twice between Christmas and New yr and bought a stash of festive meats and treats. On Boxing Day, she spent £200 and purchased meals initially costing greater than £750, together with particular person turkeys to feed 16 folks.

She stated: ‘My annual custom on Boxing Day is to bulk purchase decreased meals.

‘It was 50% off all chilled gadgets, which ought to have been £323 and I paid £159.

‘Then I purchased 4 enormous turkeys which had been initially between £85 and £100 every.

‘The entire turkeys had been £7.50 and the crowns had been half the unique worth after which 50% off once more.

‘They need to have value £441.95, however I bought 4 turkeys and two crowns for £50.’

Lindzi, who stated you possibly can freeze virtually the whole lot, additionally purchased rooster breasts, sausages, cheese, pies, and meat-filled pastries.

She stated: ‘You should buy decreased recent meals too.

‘You'll be able to freeze recent greens, milk, cheese and bread.

 Lindzi Bebbington-Colbourne the super saver Mum
Lindzi stated: ‘Nothing will get wasted’ (Image: Caters Information Company)

‘If it’s on its sell-by date simply put it within the freezer and I promise you all of it tastes simply pretty much as good.’

One other procuring journey on New Yr’s Eve noticed Lindzi bag £250 value of decreased gadgets for simply £89.

The mum has kids Poppi, 12, Tobias, 14, and Elise, 20, and attributable to her demanding job, she likes to batch cook dinner and meal plan.

‘We love casseroles, curries and pies, we simply chuck all of it in,’ she stated.

‘Nothing will get wasted, and it actually does go a good distance. I received’t want to purchase meat till the tip of the yr.’

Not solely does Lindzi have 5 freezers, however she’s additionally bought 10 gradual cookers and her bulk-buying means her weekly procuring invoice will get lower proper down too.

She stated: ‘I've to be organised. I've a chest freezer for joints of meat, a tall upfront freezer for fish and separate drawers for sausage, rooster and so forth.

‘I spend round £50 every week to feed the 4 of us and my freezers are full to bursting.

‘I do little outlets as soon as every week for fundamentals like milk. I can’t resist searching for sticker bargains.

‘I exploit all the primary supermarkets – all of them scale back gadgets often 3 times per day, however the most effective reductions are at evening.

‘I additionally give masses away to household, mates and to meals banks and native households.

‘I'll assist anybody. No person must be going hungry.

‘Folks was ashamed of getting a discount, however now it’s one thing to be pleased with, and I'm proud to offer good high quality meals for a fraction of the associated fee for my household.’

If you need extra suggestions and tips on saving cash, in addition to chat about money and alerts on offers and reductions, be a part of our Fb Group, Cash Pot.