Anthea Turner reveals freak accident almost left her blind in one eye: ‘It frightens the hell out of me’

Anthea Turner eye
Anthea Turner revealed she nearly misplaced her imaginative and prescient in a single eye after the freak accident (Image: Instagram)

Anthea Turner has revealed she was nearly left completely blind in a single eye after a freak accident at a resort. 

The presenter, 61, shared a collection of snaps of her eye with a protecting plastic cowl over it following surgical procedure, in addition to a photograph taken of the within of it on Instagram.

She instructed her followers: ‘Simply posting these now as a result of I wish to maintain you secure – You might need seen within the press 2 weeks in the past a narrative I instructed of a close to deadly accident I had with my left eye, however as a result of there have been no outdoors seen indicators I did the basic factor which is, assume it’ll all go away.’

The previous Blue Peter presenter had been staying in an outdated resort whereas filming when she let go of the window blind wire too quickly whereas opening it, leading to it ricocheting out of her hand and hitting her within the eye. 

She felt a boring ache however her eye appeared regular and never bloodshot or crimson, so she put it to the again of her thoughts and resumed filming. 

Anthea added: ‘However what I didn’t realise is I’d truly as a result of affect of a pull down blind wire smacking me sq. within the eye made a tear in my retina and got here frighteningly near retinal detachment which leads to everlasting blindness.’

Anthea Turner eye hell
Anthea’s imaginative and prescient was in a position to be saved with emergency surgical procedure (Image: @antheaturner)

Anthea Turner eye hell
Anthea was near retinal detachment after the freak accident (Image: @antheaturner)

Anthea Turner eye hell
The presenter is fortunately on the mend after the operation saved her sight (Image: @antheaturner)

She lastly determined to get her eye checked out after noticing her imaginative and prescient deteriorate, telling The Mirror she had seen ‘crimson, flashing strobe lighting’ in her left eye, and had anxious she’d broken the outcomes of her laser eye surgical procedure when she began seeing ‘tiny little crimson drops floating in entrance of my eye.’

Anthea urged her followers: ‘When you maintain ANY harm to your eye go and get it checked out instantly, I did after per week then was actually rushed into an working room and as a result of experience of vitreoretinal surgeon @chien_wong_ at @ocl_vision I dwell to battle one other day. 

‘I'll at all times be in debt to him and @alimearza as a result of what may have occurred would have modified my life and it frightens the hell out of me after I give it some thought, which I now attempt to not.’

Fortunately, Anthea was in a position to get surgical procedure in time to repair the issue and save the imaginative and prescient in her left eye, which might have been completely blind if she hadn’t seen a physician. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post