Chilling recordings present a pensioner confess to stabbing his soon-to-be ex-wife to dying, saying ‘I simply misplaced it… I’ve had sufficient’.
David Maggs, 71, was arrested after knifing mum-of-two Linda, 74, as she lay in mattress weeks earlier than their divorce went via, Cardiff Crown Courtroom heard.
He later instructed police his companion had ‘tried to steal two homes off me’ and ‘doesn’t know easy methods to maintain her mouth shut so I topped her’.
The retired accountant has admitted manslaughter on the idea of diminished accountability, however denies homicide.
Audio footage performed to the courtroom sees a distressed Maggs inform a 999 operator: ‘I’ve simply killed the spouse’.
The operator replies ‘You’ve simply what sorry?’, main him to repeat himself.
When the operator says, ‘Your spouse is it?’, Maggs replies: ‘I stabbed her.’
When requested if he nonetheless has the knife with him, he says no and tells her Linda is in mattress.


After being requested if she continues to be respiration or speaking, the defendant says he thinks she’s ‘handed away’.
He can then be heard crying saying: ‘I don’t know I simply misplaced it… Are you able to simply come please. Please assist me. Ah, God assist me.’
Bodycam footage filmed later confirmed Maggs slumped on a settee, telling cops: ‘I’ve had sufficient. Oh God, I’ve had sufficient’.
When requested what he has had sufficient of, Maggs replies: ‘She tried to steal two homes off me. Two homes for God’s sake.’
‘I spent 5 months in hospital final 12 months… And she or he come to see me 3 times.
‘And for the remainder of the time she ransacked the home obtained maintain of all of the paperwork, destroyed all of the paperwork and tried to assert on this home in addition to the opposite home.’
The couple had remained residing collectively of their £200,000 dwelling, regardless of their cut up.
Their divorce nisi was because of be granted in March 2021 however Linda died on February 6.

Later in his police interview, Maggs mentioned: ‘Thirty years I’ve been married to her and he or she doesn’t know easy methods to maintain her mouth shut, so I topped her.’
Prosecutor Michael Jones QC beforehand instructed the trial Maggs went into his spouse’s room armed with two giant kitchen knives and repeatedly stabbed his spouse in her mattress.
Mr Jones mentioned: ‘He was significantly agitated by the monetary settlement of the divorce and believed he was going to considerably lose out to his spouse.
‘He accused her of profiting from him financially and of hiding her personal cash away.
‘He thought she stood to achieve financially and in his thoughts in a dishonest approach.’
The trial, anticipated to final round 4 weeks, continues.
.
Post a Comment