India Arie shares videos of Joe Rogan using N-word as she demands music be taken off Spotify: ‘What if we all leave?’

India.Arie shares clips of Joe Rogan using the N-word as she demands Spotify take down music
India Arie has additionally spoken about towards Joe Rogan (Image: India Arie/Instagram/Getty)

India Arie is the newest artist to ask for her music to be taken off Spotify within the row towards Joe Rogan, with the singer sharing movies of the podcaster utilizing the N-word.

The Grammy-winner additionally elaborated on a latest assertion, which comes after musicians like Neil Younger and Joni Mitchell took their music off Spotify, citing Rogan’s spreading of misinformation in regards to the Covid-19 vaccine as their cause.

Arie shared varied clips of Rogan utilizing the slur and mentioned she ’empathises with the people who find themselves leaving for Covid misinformation causes.’

Referring to the clips of Rogan utilizing the N-word, Arie mentioned her place was that he ‘shouldn’t even be uttering the phrase, don’t even say it below any context’.

She talked about experiences that Rogan signed a $100million (£73million) cope with Spotify, and claimed the corporate pays musicians a fraction of what they need to be paid regardless of music being the ‘spine of the service’.

She went on to say that that cash is being invested into creators like Rogan and requested: ‘What if all of us go away?’

‘Do what you need however take me off,’ she added. ‘Or, pay me too. And I don’t simply imply me. Us, artists like me. Pay artists of color too.’

Arie had beforehand shared a press release saying: ‘I've determined to drag my music and podcast from Spotify.

‘Neil Younger opened a door that I have to stroll by. I imagine in freedom of speech. Nevertheless, I discover Joe Rogan problematic for causes apart from his Covid interviews.

‘For me it’s additionally his language round race. What I'm speaking about is respect – who will get it and who doesn’t.

‘Paying musicians a fraction of a penny and him $100m? This reveals the kind of firm they're and the corporate they hold. I’m drained.’

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
Joe Rogan has confronted criticism (Image: Getty Pictures)

Rogan has beforehand addressed allegations of racism towards him, saying: ‘It’s not actual racism, it’s a joke. There’s a distinction.’

Comic-turned-MMA commentator Rogan is behind Spotify’s hottest podcast, with an estimated 11million listeners per episode, and has confronted criticism for his views on the Covid-19 vaccine, together with him beforehand urging ‘younger, wholesome’ folks to not get jabbed.

In response, varied artists have demanded their music is taken down from Spotify.

In a prolonged video, Rogan responded by saying: ‘I’m not attempting to advertise misinformation, I’m not attempting to be controversial. I’ve by no means tried to do something with this podcast different than simply discuss to folks and have fascinating conversations.’

Spotify has mentioned it's going to put content material warnings on all podcast episodes that comprise discussions of Covid-19.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post