Notes on chocolate: Be your own Valentine with these treats

It might be Valentine’s Day tomorrow, however common readers will know I don’t purchase into that. Right here, as an alternative, are three pretty bars to deal with your self to.

Marou 48% milk, £6.95/60g, is from Cocoa Runners. The cocoa is from Vietnam and the milk is from grass-fed cows and, I swear, you'll be able to inform. God this was so good. My restraint was sorely examined as soon as I’d flicked the foil open. (‘The place’s that yummy milk gone, Mamma?’ my youngsters requested as I slid it beneath my diary.) With its creamy, virtually meaty mouthfeel, you'll be able to child your self it’s OK, as a result of it’s a darkish milk. Totally pleasant.

For those who fancy one thing a bit of darker, however need some inclusions, and who doesn’t, then Karuna’s 62% Hazelnut and Darkish cashew Nougat, £7.95/60g with cocoa from Mexico, is totally fantastic (additionally from Cocoa Runners). It doesn’t style madly nougat-y, so don’t let that put you off if nougat just isn't your factor. However whether it is, then don’t count on chewy nougat bits, assume extra nutty bits. It’s natural, truthful paid, bean to bar, it’s received all of it occurring.

For one thing darker, however a bit extra thrilling than a daily non-inclusion bar attempt Cocoa Retreat’s Whisky Nibs, £6.25 /45g. It’s 70% single origin Ecuadorian chocolate with cocoa nibs which were soaked in 10-year-old single malt Glenmorangie whisky, which you'll style. Because it occurs I’ve been to this distillery, so I realized methods to pronounce it, and it’s in an exquisite a part of the world so introduced again nice reminiscences.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post