Tommy Dorfman
Tommy Dorfman has break up from husband Peter (Image: Getty)

Tommy Dorfman has break up from husband Peter Zurkuhlen after 5 years of marriage, it has been claimed.

The ChipChop Holdings CEO reportedly filed for divorce from the 13 Causes Why star, 29, this week, convey their marriage to an finish.

In keeping with Individuals Journal, who obtained the court docket information, the 33-year-old submitted the paperwork in LA on Tuesday.

Tommy and Peter have but to talk out publicly over the reviews.

The pair first met in 2005 earlier than saying their engagement 10 years later.

They tied the knot in a ceremony in Portland in November, 2016, however Tommy defined that their romance had developed right into a friendship when she got here out as transgender final July.

Tommy Dorfman Peter Zurkuhlen
Tommy and Peter Zurkuhlen first met in 2005 (Image: Getty)
Tommy Dorfman Peter Zurkuhlen
The previous couple tied the knot in 2016 (Image: Getty)

She opened up about their relationship in a candid interview with Time, when she reintroduced herself as a trans girl.

‘I used to be in a nine-year relationship during which I used to be considered a extra male-bodied particular person, with a homosexual man,’ she informed the publication.

‘I like him a lot, however we’ve been studying that as a trans girl, what I’m serious about isn't essentially mirrored in a homosexual man. 

‘So we’ve had unimaginable conversations to redefine our relationship as buddies.’ 

Peter beforehand shared his love for Tommy after the candid interview was revealed, with Simply Jared reporting that he reposted certainly one of her photographs, with the message: ‘A lot love. 

‘You're attractive and you might be absolutely you. Happy with you, T.’

Tommy later mentioned the affect that transitioning has had on her happiness.

‘I solely take hormones. I simply switched my hormones, and I’ve by no means felt higher in my life,’ she informed InStyle final summer time. 

’I spent 28 years of my life suicidal and depressed and recovering from alcoholism and drug dependancy.

‘I don’t assume I’ve ever been genuinely joyful till this previous 12 months.’

Metro.co.uk has contacted Tommy’s reps for a remark.