
Stars of West Aspect Story have responded to sexual assault allegations towards their co-star, Ansel Elgort, for the primary time.
Final 12 months, a lady accused Elgort of sexually assaulting her when she was simply 17 in 2014, sharing a press release on Twitter.
The actor, now 27, stated he had a ‘transient, authorized and fully consensual relationship’ together with her, however denied assaulting her, or any wrongdoing.
Talking to the Hollywood Reporter, Rachel Zegler, who performs Maria within the Steven Spielberg movie, stated: ‘We made a film two and a half years in the past, and loads has gone on on this planet since then.
‘Lots has modified very publicly, and privately as properly,’ the 20-year-old continued. ‘There’s been plenty of awakening. You simply hope that the individuals concerned are OK, that they're requested in a respectful method and that they're given the chance to reply for themselves.’
Ariana DeBose, 31, who performed Anita, added: ‘No person actually is aware of what’s occurring in anybody’s head. Solely the individuals who have been concerned in that state of affairs know what really went down.’

In the meantime, Rita Moreno, 90, who performed Anita within the unique 1961 movie and returned as Valentina for the brand new adaptation, stated: ‘I feel it will have been completely horrendous and improper for anybody to take sides in that matter. It’s not for me to make these judgments.’
In a press release posted final 12 months, Elgort wrote: ‘I used to be distressed to see the social media publish about me which were circulating up to now 24 hours.

‘I can't declare to grasp [her] emotions however her description of occasions is solely not what occurred. I've by no means and would by no means assault anybody.’
Elgort then went on to state that ‘what's true’ is that he had a ‘transient authorized and fully consensual relationship’ with the accuser in New York again in 2014 when he was 20.

He continued: ‘Sadly, I didn't deal with the breakup properly. I finished responding to her, which is an immature and merciless factor to do to somebody.
‘I do know this belated apology doesn't absolve me of my unacceptable behaviour once I disappeared.
‘As I look again at my angle, I'm disgusted and deeply ashamed of the way in which I acted. I'm actually sorry. I do know I have to proceed to mirror, study, and work to develop in empathy.’
Earlier than showing in Spielberg’s West Aspect Story, Elgort featured in films together with The Fault In Our Stars, Divergence, and The Goldfinch.
Post a Comment