Corey Taylor refuses to release diss tracks for ‘garbage artists’ after Machine Gun Kelly feud

Corey Taylor and Machine Gun Kelly
Corey and Machine Gun Kelly clashed final 12 months over an album characteristic (Image: Getty)

The 2 stars clashed final 12 months after MGK, actual title Colson Baker, stated Slipknot have been a bunch of ‘50-year-olds carrying bizarre f***ing masks’. 

Corey, 49, then claimed MGK, 31, was merely upset as a result of he turned down a proposal to look on the rapper’s Tickets To My Downfall album, and proceeded to leak textual content messages between him and Travis Barker, who was producing the album, to show so. 

Some would possibly argue that (non-physical) feuds between artists maintain genres spicy, very like hip hop, nevertheless it was very actual for Corey. 

Talking to across the launch of his new album CMFB-Sides, the rocker stated: ‘I’m not even going to say his title [MGK] as a result of I’m not going to provide him any extra free press however I don’t know. 

‘Possibly that’s the best way with hip hop however with rock, there’s a real disdain that comes out. Possibly it’s as a result of we’re simply such surly p****s and we’re very judgemental.’ 

Corey Taylor
Corey gained’t be releasing any diss tracks any time quickly (Image: Getty Photos)

He continued: ‘There’s not plenty of diss tracks in rock – there’s a handful however there’s not almost as many per capita as there are with hip hop. 

‘There are complete albums dedicated to that s**t in hip hop however I don’t have the time to do this many diss tracks for that many individuals that I see as f*****g rubbish artists. 

‘I feel it has to do with attempting to degree up in your profession. For me, I’m only a surly p***okay and that’s all that it comes all the way down to.’ 

Machine Gun Kelly
MGK aired his harsh ideas on Slipknot sparking his rift with Corey (Image: Getty Photos)

Corey went on to clarify that his brutally sincere rants usually get him ‘in bother’ however that his feedback aren’t something he wouldn’t say behind closed doorways with pals. 

‘I’m not doing something that folks and followers don’t do collectively in their very own time at a desk at a restaurant after a live performance, film or simply hanging out,’ he stated. 

‘That’s all I’m doing is simply expounding… Every thing I say in print is every thing I say once I’m simply hanging out with my pals. If that’s controversial or me beginning beef then you possibly can say that about everyone as a result of all of us have opinions.’ 

The Stone Bitter singer lives a a lot much less rock n roll way of life nowadays, having given up alcohol greater than 10 years in the past

As an alternative, when he isn’t engaged on his solo music or varied rock outfits, he’s spending high quality time together with his youngsters and beloved spouse, Alicia Dove, who he married in 2019. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post