Kevin Spacey ‘to face sexual assault trial after judge denies dismissal’

Kevin Spacey
Kevin Spacey is reportedly set to face a trial in October (Image: Getty Photos)

Kevin Spacey will reportedly face a trial in October over the sexual assault allegations introduced by actor Anthony Rapp.

In line with paperwork obtained by Radar, the trial will happen on October 4, with District Choose Lewis Kaplan presiding.

Rapp, greatest recognized for his work on TV sequence Star Trek: Discovery, first made allegations in opposition to Spacey in October 2017.

In a lawsuit filed in New York, Rapp alleged that Spacey invited him to a celebration at his Manhattan house in 1986. 

Whereas there, he was allegedly the sufferer of an ‘undesirable sexual advance’ when Spacey grabbed his buttocks.

He managed to flee to the toilet, in line with the lawsuit, and later left the house.

Anthony Rapp
Anthony Rapp introduced allegations in opposition to Spacey (Image: WireImage)

Rapp is suing the 62-year-old for unspecified damages, claiming the alleged assaults have triggered psychological injury.

Rapp first made his allegations in 2017, telling Buzzfeed that Spacey was ‘attempting to get with him sexually’ after a celebration 31 years prior.

He stated: ‘He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the brink. However I don’t, like, squirm away initially, as a result of I’m like, “What’s occurring?” After which he lays down on high of me.

‘He was attempting to seduce me. I don’t know if I might have used that language. However I used to be conscious he was attempting to get with me sexually.’

Spacey stated he was ‘past horrified’ to listen to Rapp’s story, and stated in an announcement: ‘I actually don't keep in mind the encounter… But when I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour, and I'm sorry for the sentiments he describes having carried with him all these years.’

The American Magnificence star added that the story ‘has inspired me to handle different issues about my life’, and got here out as a homosexual man within the assertion. 

Spacey has confronted authorized motion in Los Angeles and Nantucket, Massachusetts, however is but to be discovered liable in any case. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post