Megan Barton-Hanson blocked from dating apps: ‘They thought I was a catfish’

Megan Barton-Hanson Sixty Seconds
The Love Island star is presently on Movie star Ex on the Seashore (Image: Splash Information)

You’re on the brand new collection of Movie star Ex On The Seashore! What had been you hoping for if you signed up?

It was proper in the course of the pandemic so it felt like the right time to go on a free vacation surrounded by match folks… and the occasional ex.

But in addition simply to push myself. I’m so good at working away from issues I don’t need to cope with and break-ups are by no means a pleasant scenario. I believed, ‘You’re gonna develop from the scenario it doesn't matter what,’ so I simply went for it.

Any exes you had been dreading to see?

I’ve solely had three severe relationships within the public eye so the principle ones are from Love Island and my first feminine relationship.

I met Demi Sims on one other courting present and we’re nonetheless pals.

Everybody in there thought they might be candy in the event that they noticed their ex however in that surroundings folks’s feelings had been heightened, so it was fairly nervewracking.

Demi Sims 'ITV Palooza!', Royal Festival Hall, London, UK - 23 Nov 2021 Mandatory Credit: Photo by Gary Mitchell/SOPA Images/REX/Shutterstock
Megan met ex-girlfriend Demi Sims via Celebs Go Courting (Image: Gary Mitchell/SOPA Photographs/REX/Shutterstock)

Your ill-fated relationship with Towie’s James Lock began throughout filming. How do you are feeling about seeing that develop on display?

I believe it will likely be actually cute. It’s arduous on this trade and it occurred with my ex-girlfriend.

We bought papped quite a bit after which folks labelled it as an official relationship and I didn’t right anybody. It was form of the identical with James — we had been simply having enjoyable.

How’s courting going?

It’s arduous! I bought blocked off Raya for saying Channing Tatum is on there in order that’s that avenue gone.

Hinge — I bought blocked off there as a result of they thought I used to be a catfish.

Megan Barton-Hanson and James Lock arrives for the Gay Times Honours Awards at Magazine London in North Greenwich, London. Picture date: Friday November 19, 2021. PA Photo. Photo credit should read: Ian West/PA Wire
James and Megan dated after assembly on Movie star Ex on the Seashore (Image: PA)

Did you make any friends on Movie star Ex…?

I used to be such a fangirl when A’Whora walked in! A’Whora was my finest buddy in there and it was a pleasant shock to see Kaz Crossley from Love Island.

However among the straight boys had been a pleasant shock too. I didn’t anticipate to get on with Kori Sampson from Too Sizzling To Deal with or Mike Boateng from Love Island.

Love Island might be changing into extra sexually various…

I believe it’s so good and likewise overdue! I hope it’s true as a result of it’s so wanted. For instance, there isn’t a lot illustration for bisexual males. I get so many DMs from males who need to experiment with their sexuality or they've come out as bisexual.

How do you look again in your time on Love Island?

For all of the unfavourable press and trolling about my look, I believe plenty of good has come from it. It’s pushed me to make use of my platform for good relatively than simply earn cash.

You’ve change into such a voice in opposition to slut-shaming…

It was by no means my thought [to be in the public eye]. I used to be at a crossroads with my stripping as a result of I loved it and it was good cash nevertheless it was unsociable hours. I went on Love Island to push myself and perhaps enhance my following.

However in any case that trolling I couldn’t see myself happening another route than being that voice that I’d by no means had.

How lengthy do you assume you'll preserve posting on OnlyFans?

When it turns into one thing I don’t get pleasure from. Earlier than I bought into intercourse work I used to be a authorized private assistant and thought it was a very good job. With my qualifications it was one of the best cash I may make. I did that for 3 years and it was the worst three years of my life.

However now I’m having a lot enjoyable. It’s so self-indulgent as a result of I mainly simply get to play dress-up and earn cash off the photographs.

However there’s additionally the agony aunt aspect to it. My DMs are inundated with folks asking recommendation about beginning intercourse work or popping out. I began my podcast You Come First as a result of I couldn’t presumably reply to all of them.

What would agony aunt Megan say to your youthful self?

You’ve bought one life and also you’ve simply bought to do no matter makes you cheerful. Not everybody’s going to agree so simply do it. Don’t fear about pleasing others.

The place would you like your profession to go subsequent?

My Vice column has simply been renewed and it’s been translated into 5 languages.

I need to launch one thing to champion the actual aspect of the intercourse trade not in demeaning means.

A few of my favorite folks, like Louis Theroux, have made stuff about it nevertheless it all the time comes with undertones of being a bit patronising so I’d love to indicate sturdy, impartial women and men working within the intercourse trade and having a alternative.

Any actuality TV reveals left in your bucket checklist?

I all the time mentioned that if I bought requested to do the jungle I'd do it, however I is likely to be like Gemma Collins and be in there, like, a day and simply have to depart.

One thing extra bodily, perhaps… however not Movie star SAS. My new boob implants wouldn’t be capable of take it.

Movie star Ex On The Seashore is on MTV at 10pm on Tuesday

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post