Abbey Clancy on decorating with Peter Crouch: ‘He once bought me a painting of pears’

Abbey Clancy loves decorating her home (Picture: REX/Getty)
Abbey Clancy loves adorning her residence (Image: REX/Getty)

Mannequin and tv persona Abbey Clancy first purchased in leafy Surrey with husband Peter Crouch, having beforehand moved recurrently and rented.

Regardless of a number of DIY portray makes an attempt and a random image buy, Abbey obtained the property precisely how she needed it.

She has now teamed up with design model Andrew Martin to create a variety of outsized throws.

When did you purchase your first residence?

The primary residence we purchased was in Surrey over ten years in the past.

Why did you determine to purchase at that time in your life?

Being married to a footballer we have been continuously transferring round as my husband moved to and from completely different golf equipment, so we rented for a very long time.

Once I obtained pregnant with Sophia, we felt we would have liked a spot to name residence and at last settled down.

Abbey used art to make the house pop
Abbey used artwork to make the home pop

What sort of place did you go for?

It was a new-build home — Peter truly picked it. I wasn’t loopy concerning the look of it, however we have been so excited to lastly have our personal home to start our little household.

With a new-build, you'll be able to actually add your individual stamp to an inside and make it into your individual residence and private type. It had a homely really feel which I liked and a gorgeous backyard.

Funnily sufficient, many of the issues I purchased on the time have been from Andrew Martin. This was undoubtedly the beginning of my curiosity in inside design — I liked discovering methods so as to add character to a new-build residence.

Abbey would hide items husband Peter Crouch bought for the house (Picture: Tom Dymond/REX/Shutterstock)
Abbey would disguise gadgets husband Peter Crouch purchased for the home (Image: Tom Dymond/REX/Shutterstock)

What made you fall in love with it?

It must be the backyard. It felt like we have been in the midst of the forest, with lovely mature timber and plenty of flowers.

We had a household of deer on the backside of the backyard, and I liked watching them, it was so peaceable and magical.

What did you do with the place?

After years of renting, I used to be delighted once we moved into our first residence. I made a decision to embellish our home with impartial tones, and I added color by utilizing paintings.

My favorite room that I embellished in that home must be Sophia’s bed room — it was all white, and I selected lovely French furnishings.

Did you've got any DIY or adorning disasters?

Abbey is a big fan of rummaging for vintage treasures
Abbey is an enormous fan of rummaging for classic treasures

I’m very impatient so I might begin portray partitions myself, and it could be a catastrophe and needed to be redone by an expert.

Pete would additionally purchase random issues for the home that I might disguise as they didn’t slot in with my schemes.

He as soon as purchased me a portray of pears — he was delighted with it. I got here residence and it was hanging on the wall wonky the place he had put it up himself.

What recommendation for anybody shopping for a primary residence?

I’d say most significantly take your time — you should fall in love with the place no matter your finances is.

I’d undoubtedly say belief your intestine — I depend on my intestine feeling. I do know as quickly as I stroll into a spot if it’s the one or not.

Don’t rush adorning. I’d say dwell in your house for some time earlier than making any modifications to keep away from errors and losing cash.

What's the smartest thing about shopping for a property?

I really like a metamorphosis. I really feel like I've an excellent imaginative and prescient in relation to doing up a home, one thing Pete finds a bit harder, however fortunately he trusts the method. I really like making a home a house, that’s the place I really feel my power is.

My type is sort of eclectic. I’m drawn to lovely vintage items comparable to painted furnishings.

It was vital to me that my home felt elegant and comfy and never too valuable. I needed it to really feel full of affection, character and life and to mirror us as a household.

Abbey isn't a fan of pristine houses with no character
Abbey isn’t a fan of pristine homes with no character

Any suggestions for furnishing a primary residence?

I actually would advocate taking your time with adorning. Stay within the house, study your design type, there’s nothing worse than speeding portray after which regretting it a number of years down the road.

Plan your rooms, don’t simply purchase issues for the sake of it in any other case you’ll remorse it in the long run. Purchase belongings you love as you'll all the time love them — view inside equipment as an funding on your residence.

A house can’t be created in a single day for my part. I really like to gather particular items and go to vintage gala's and like to cut price hunt. I really like second-hand treasures, I've a classic Spanish chest and a picket rocking horse, from the vintage gala's at Ardingly and Kempton Park.

I don’t love that interior-designed look. You'll be able to’t simply go to a store and purchase all of it — it's a must to acquire items over time.

What sparked this tie-up with Andrew Martin?

Having shopped at Andrew Martin for over ten years, I truly first met Martin Waller (the founding father of the model) correctly at his Wimbledon outlet.

A couple of yr in the past we obtained speaking and he supplied to come back and assist me with my home, which I couldn’t imagine. I’ve been an enormous fan of his work and distinctive imaginative and prescient for thus lengthy, so I used to be completely delighted — however I additionally felt so nervous about him coming to my residence.

andrewmartin.co.uk


Let's transfer to: Surrey

A mix of picture-postcard villages, enticing market cities and rolling countryside make Surrey a really fascinating place to dwell.

It is usually England’s most densely wooded county — one-fifth of its space is roofed in timber — boasts extra golf programs than wherever else in England, and has the south east’s highest level at Leith Hill.

All this doesn’t come low cost. Savills discovered that 14 wards have a median sale worth of £1million-plus, and in response to Zoopla, eight of the ten most costly roads exterior London are in Surrey.

Most of those are in Virginia Water, on the north-east facet, the place the typical home modifications fingers for a whopping £1.63million.

Elton John and Cliff Richard are among the many former residents of the uber-exclusive Wentworth property. The so-called Golden Triangle, prime stockbroker belt territory round Cobham, Esher, Weybridge and Walton-on-Thames is one other extraordinarily prosperous enclave.

Luckily there are much more inexpensive pockets. First-time consumers ought to check out Redhill, close to Gatwick Airport, the place varied new house schemes are providing Assist to Purchase, and at simply over £444,000 the typical home worth is nicely beneath the Surrey common of practically £632,000.

The city additionally advantages from quick trains (circa half-hour to London Bridge, barely longer to Victoria) although the commute from most elements of the county takes underneath the hour.

Bagshot, Woking, Caterham and Horley are additionally price investigating when you’re on a good finances.

The Key Newsletter
For the most recent property information, options and recommendation, join Metro’s The Key E-newsletter

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post