Cardi B deletes Twitter account after fans criticise her for not attending the Grammys: ‘I hate this dumb*ss fanbase’

2021 E! People's Choice Awards - Backstage
Cardi B didn’t go to the Grammys and followers weren’t glad about it (Image: Todd Williamson/E! Leisure/NBCUniversal)

Cardi B has deleted her Twitter account after receiving criticism from followers for not attending the Grammys on Sunday. 

The 29-year-old rapper, nominated for finest rap efficiency for Up, accused followers of ‘dragging’ her youngsters and stated she wanted to ‘defend’ herself in a sequence of tweets earlier than deactivating her profile. 

‘I’m deleting my Twitter On God I hate this f***in dumbass fan base,’ the WAP singer tweeted.

‘You bought the sluggish dumbasses dragging my children all trigger y’all [thought] I used to be going to the Grammys and I didn’t the f***?’

She continued: ‘When the f*** I hinted I used to be going? Simply f***ing silly. I can’t. I wants [sic] to guard myself.’

The star later appeared on Instagram stay to defend her absence, telling followers she skipped the occasion as a result of she was engaged on new music.

She additionally claimed that she had acquired Twitter messages from ‘followers speaking s**t’ about her and that some have been abusive in the direction of her two boys with rapper husband Offset. 

Cardi B at the 61st Annual GRAMMY Awards - Arrivals
Cardi B, seen right here on the Grammys in 2019, deleted her Twitter account on Sunday (Image: Steve Granitz/WireImage)

‘Why would I am going to the awards for?’ she requested in a video addressing the backlash from followers. ‘Do I've any new music? Why would I present up with one nomination?

‘I gotta prep at the moment and I gotta prep tomorrow. So Tuesday, I’m going distant and f**king end the motherf**king album.’

‘I’m doing a crimson carpet quickly and it’s gonna be nice, however I don’t prefer it when motherf**kers assault me to do some s**t after which name me lazy as a result of I’m not doing it,’ she went on. 

‘One factor I hate is when folks name me lazy as a result of I work so motherf**king a lot. And that’s why I’m f**king mad.’

‘For those who convey up my son, I hate you,’ she added. ‘I want the worst on you.’

Cardi B made her debut on the Grammys in 2019, when she made historical past as the primary feminine solo winner to take house the trophy for finest rap album. 

Cardi B's Twitter account no longer exists
Cardi B’s Twitter account now not exists (Image: Twitter)

In the meantime, final evening’s Grammys, hosted by Trevor Noah at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Backyard Enviornment, featured a star-studded guestlist together with Girl Gaga, Jared Leto, Justin Bieber, BTS, and Dua Lipa. 

Winners included Olivia Rodrigo for finest new artist and finest vocal album for Bitter, Jon Batiste for album of the 12 months for We Are, and Silk Sonic duo Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak for the distinguished music of the 12 months, report of the 12 months, finest R&B efficiency and finest R&B music for his or her hit Depart The Door Open. It meant they gained in all 4 of the classes they have been nominated in. 

Foo Fighters gained finest rock efficiency, finest rock music and finest rock album, however the band had beforehand introduced they might now not be performing on the ceremony following the dying of drummer Taylor Hawkins, and weren't there to just accept their awards. 

Cardi B misplaced out to Child Keem and Kendrick Lamar who gained with Household Ties.

Performers on the Grammys included Batiste, Billie Eilish, Lil Nas X with Jack Harlow, Girl Gaga, Rodrigo, Silk Sonic, BTS, H.E.R., John Legend, and Carrie Underwood.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post