Creative mum transforms kitchen floor for less than £50 using cheap eBay stencil

Before and after flooring
Such an elegant replace (Image: Fahmida Khatun)

Need to refresh your kitchen flooring with out having to shell out massive bucks for model new tiles or wooden?

Properly, it's doable – and one girl managed to rework the look of her kitchen for lower than £50 utilizing an affordable eBay stencil and paint.

Fahmida Khatun, 33, a keep at dwelling mum-of-two from London, was impressed by social media to get to work altering her kitchen flooring herself utilizing Frenchic paint and a stencil. 

‘I moved into my place three years in the past and all the time disliked the kitchen flooring, so I actually wished to alter it,’ Fahmida informed money-saving Fb group DIY On A Price range UK.

‘I began following Frenchic on social media and I noticed different followers portray their flooring so I wished to do mine. I regarded on the web page for inspiration and determined to go forward with it after researching.’

Fahmida determined to make use of Frenchic Al Fresco Swanky Pants for the bottom and Frenchic Lazy Vary Whitey White for the stencil.

The kitchen before
Earlier than (Image: Fahmida Khatun)

‘I first prepped my kitchen flooring by cleansing it with sugar cleaning soap and a sponge,’ she explains. ‘Then I wiped it with a clear material and allowed the ground to completely dry.

‘I did one coat of Swanky Pants, let it dry for 2 hours then did one other coat. Altogether I did three coats.’

The subsequent night, Fahmida did the stencilling – and it was a reasonably easy job.

kitchen floor prep
The preparation (Image: Fahmida Khatun)

‘I positioned the stencil on prime and did a light-weight coat with a curler,’ she says. ‘As a result of it was a really skinny coat, it dried in a short time and I did the subsequent and so forth. It took me about two hours to finish the entire flooring.

‘I then let it dry totally and the subsequent day varnished the ground doing 4 coats, leaving two to 3 hours in between to dry. I then left it lined to let it remedy and paint settle extra.’

Kitchen new
The ultimate end result (Image: Fahmida Khatun)

The new floor
It was each low-cost and easy (Image: Fahmida Khatun)

In complete, Fahmida used two tubs of Frenchic paint at £13 every, rollers for £2, a sponge for £1, a stencil from ebay for £14, sugar cleaning soap for £1 and polish from Wilko for £5.25. 

Altogether, the job price her £49.25.

‘I’m more than happy with the way it’s come out and made a massive distinction to my kitchen flooring,’ she says.

‘I managed to do all this for £50 and it feels nice. It’s made an enormous distinction. It makes me joyful understanding that I’ve executed it on my own and looks like an achievement.’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post