Mark Williams wants to destroy ‘fourth son’ Jackson Page in World Snooker Championship clash

Mark Williams Jackson Page
Mark Williams and Jackson Web page conflict within the Crucible second spherical (Photos: Getty)

Mark Williams might be out to ‘destroy’ his protégé Jackson Web page of their World Snooker Championship second spherical assembly, but additionally admits will probably be tough to play somebody he considers like a fourth son.

Web page not solely practices with Williams at his membership in Tredegar however they're shut buddies away from the desk, spending time collectively on the golf course, consuming out and hanging out on the three-time world champion’s home.

Now they're set to satisfy on the Crucible after Web page shocked Barry Hawkins on his debut on the well-known theatre, whereas Williams noticed off one other Welshman, Michael White, fairly comfortably in spherical one.

It will be an emotional sport for each grasp and apprentice, however Williams has little question that he desires to go on the market and choose up a dominant win.

‘Clearly, I’m going to attempt my greatest to beat him and I wish to destroy him – there’s no query,’ stated Williams after beating White.

‘I don’t like shedding to anyone however, if I'm going to lose to anyone and I needed to choose, it could be him.

‘I’m going attempt my greatest to win but when I lose, I'll haven't any drawback in any respect. If it means him getting within the prime 64 by beating me, I’m half on his facet anyway.

‘We’ve acquired a couple of [people] up from the membership. It’s going to be attention-grabbing to see which facet of the balcony a few of them are on.’

Nonetheless a lot he desires to beat Web page, Williams says will probably be an uncommon problem for him given how shut they're, and he's anticipating their relationship to be unchanged earlier than they conflict on Thursday.

‘It’s going to be robust as a result of he’s not only a pal; he’s extra like my fourth son actually,’ Williams stated.

‘He involves the home; we play playing cards along with my children, pizzas, golf, badminton – you identify it, we do it collectively.

‘Except he blanks me for the following two days, I’m assuming we’ll be having one thing to eat collectively tonight. It will likely be attention-grabbing to see how he acts now.’

Earlier than the opening spherical, Williams admitted he didn't wish to play his pal, however knew that the conflict was imminent in the event that they received their video games.

‘The one one I didn’t wish to draw was Jackson, to be sincere,’ he stated earlier than the match. ‘I’ve acquired him if I win, however I didn’t wish to play him within the first spherical, let him play another person and expertise it another way.’

Web page and Williams meet over three classes on Thursday and Friday for a spot within the quarter-finals.

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post