‘Not quite good enough’ – Mark Williams reacts to narrowest of Crucible defeats to Judd Trump

Betfred World Snooker Championship 2022 - Day 14
Mark Williams has suffered some defeats in basic matches this season (Image: Getty Pictures)

Mark Williams feels he's simply not ok to chop it within the largest video games after an epic 17-16 defeat to Judd Trump within the World Snooker Championship semi-final.

It was the third time this season Williams has been on the fallacious finish of the end in some of the memorable matches of the marketing campaign, having misplaced deciding frames to Neil Robertson within the Masters semi and to Ronnie O’Sullivan within the Tour Championship quarter-final.

The 47-year-old deserves solely credit score for battling again from woeful positions as he discovered himself 7-1 and 12-5 behind, however clawed his technique to main 16-15 at one level, earlier than Trump acquired over the road.

‘I managed to dig in and play some actually good things,’ Williams instructed Eurosport.

‘It was a unbelievable match, the group had been unbelievable. I feel for the primary time ever I felt like I had 80 per cent of the group on my facet, which is extraordinary actually.

‘Only a unbelievable match to be concerned in.’

Williams is rarely one to get too down after a defeat, however in one other shut loss in an enormous match, it has left him questioning whether or not he can win the large ones anymore in opposition to the hardest competitors.

‘I performed fairly properly all by the season and simply got here up quick within the deciders,’ he mentioned. ‘I’ve mentioned it earlier than, I’m maybe simply not ok to recover from the road within the massive instances, one other instance there.

‘Nothing to be ashamed of, it’s only a truth. I don’t thoughts, I’m taking part in okay, simply not fairly ok.

‘If I can hold taking part in like that subsequent season, I could be a hazard to anybody.

‘I’m not going to say I’m ok to win tournaments or something like that, however I’m positively ok to be a thorn in lots of people’s sides.’

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post