Bridgerton’s Ruby Barker discharged from hospital following mental health struggle: ‘I feel like I’ve come out the other side’

The 25-year-old actress, who performs Marina Thompson on the Netflix sequence, reassured her followers that she ‘can’t look forward to the long run’ and thanked them for his or her help.

Ruby’s replace got here after she had beforehand mentioned she had been ‘actually unwell for a extremely very long time’ and felt like she was ‘carrying the burden of the world on my again.’

Talking in a video recorded from a scorching tub, Ruby mentioned: ‘I can’t look forward to the long run. I’m doing okay for myself. I’m sat in a wonderful setting proper now, taking a while for myself to loosen up and breathe.’

Sharing recommendation to her youthful self, she continued: ‘Hear, it’s not all doom and gloom, even whenever you hit all-time low.’

Bridgerton's Ruby Barker on Instagram
Ruby Barker has been discharged from hospital (Image: Instagram @rubybarker)

Ruby Barker as Marina Thompson with Luke Newton in 'Bridgerton'.
Ruby portrays Marina Thompson in Bridgerton. Right here she is pictured with Luke Newton (Image: Netflix)

Ruby thanked NHS employees, her physician, her family members and her Bridgerton household for his or her assist, and gave a particular point out to her co-star Claudia Jessie.

‘She informed me to flip the coin,’ Ruby added. ‘It may be uninteresting on one aspect, however simply flip the coin and also you’ll discover it’s shiny on the opposite.

‘It’s coaching your thoughts to search out the humorous, to search out the sunshine, to search out the constructive. It’s a extremely arduous factor to do, but when you will get into the apply of doing that, you’ve received it.

‘I simply need all people to really feel good and to really feel supported and cherished and held and heard. Anyone that’s in a darkish place proper now, I simply need you to know I see you I really feel you. Discover the humorous and flip that coin.’ 

BRIDGERTON (L to R) JONATHAN BAILEY as ANTHONY BRIDGERTON and CLAUDIA JESSIE as ELOISE BRIDGERTON in episode 103 of BRIDGERTON Cr. LIAM DANIEL/NETFLIX ? 2020
Ruby talked about Bridgerton co-star Claudia Jessie had informed her to ‘flip the coin’ (Image: Netflix)

Ruby Parker as Marina Thompson in ???Bridgerton.??? (Liam Daniel/Netflix/TNS)
The Bridgerton star reassured her followers that she ‘can’t look forward to my future’ (Image: Netflix)

Ruby captioned her video, saying: ‘I’ve been discharged from hospital! Thanks a lot for the help, I can’t look forward to the long run and I really feel as if I’ve got here out the opposite aspect.

‘Thanks everybody, have a blessed day 💜🙏🏽 maintain yourselves, don’t be afraid to examine in together with your family members and we’re all on this collectively as they are saying in Excessive College Musical 🎶 😂 massive massive love.’

Final week, Ruby shared that she had been struggling amid the ‘existential threats’ in addition to being ‘rage-filled, annoyed, offended’  earlier than looking for assist for ‘all this intergenerational trauma bundled up inside me’.

She defined: ‘And now, I’m at some extent the place I've a analysis, and I'll speak to you about that at one other time. However I've a analysis, and I'm relinquishing myself and forgiving myself and drawing a line within the sand. 

‘I can’t stick with it the best way that I’ve been carrying on. I would like to vary. So, that’s what I’m attempting to do.’


Want help? Contact the Samaritans

For emotional help you possibly can name the Samaritans 24-hour helpline on , e-mail jo@samaritans.org, go to a Samaritans department in individual or go to the Samaritans web site.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post