Bridgerton’s Ruby Barker hospitalised for mental health: ‘I have been struggling’

Bridgerton actress Ruby Barker has revealed she is in hospital along with her psychological well being as she urged others to hunt assist once they want it.

The actress, 25, who performs Marina Thompson on the Netflix sequence, shared a video detailing her latest struggles and guaranteed followers she is ‘higher’. 

She recorded a video from hospital and advised her followers: ‘I'm higher. I've been actually unwell for a extremely very long time, and I simply need to be sincere with all people, I've been struggling.

‘So, I’m within the hospital on the minute, I’m gonna get discharged quickly and hopefully get to proceed with my life.

‘I’m gonna take slightly little bit of a break for myself and I need to encourage others, in case you are struggling, please do your self a favour. Take a break, cease being so arduous on your self. 

‘And other people used to all the time inform me to not be so arduous on myself, and I by no means actually, actually knew what that meant.’

Ruby Barker as Marina Thompson with Luke Newton in 'Bridgerton'.
The Bridgerton actress urged followers to hunt assist in the event that they want it (Image: NETFLIX)

Ruby added that she was struggling amid the ‘existential threats’ in addition to being ‘rage-filled, pissed off, offended’  earlier than searching for assist for ‘all this intergenerational trauma bundled up inside me,’ including: ‘I used to be carrying the burden of the world on my again.’

She defined: ‘And now, I’m at a degree the place I've a analysis, and I'll discuss to you about that at one other time. However I've a analysis, and I'm relinquishing myself and forgiving myself and drawing a line within the sand. 

‘I can’t keep it up the best way that I’ve been carrying on. I would like to alter. So, that’s what I’m making an attempt to do.’

Ruby revealed she was near being discharged (Image: Tristan Fewings/Getty Photographs)

Ruby thanked Netflix and Shonda Rhimes, Bridgerton’s govt producer, for ‘saving her’ by giving her the chance.

The actress additionally revealed she had been compelled to drop out of a West Finish run in Working With Lions after contracting Covid-19 and struggling along with her psychological well being. 

She added that she doesn’t need her analysis to turn out to be a ‘self-fulfilling prophecy’, explaining: ‘I can not wait to fulfil all of my engagements and to have a great profession and a great life. As a result of I don't want my analysis to be a self-fulfilling prophecy,

‘I need to survive and I'll survive, and I’m going to. And so are you. That’s the fantastic thing about it, so are you. In the event you’re with me, you’re in good arms. Thanks.’


Want help? Contact the Samaritans

For emotional help you'll be able to name the Samaritans 24-hour helpline on , e-mail jo@samaritans.org, go to a Samaritans department in particular person or go to the Samaritans web site.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post