‘I never forgot about her’ – Childhood sweethearts reunite after 24 years apart and get married

Amanda and Jonathon Piper as teens and now
The pair are happier than ever (Photos: Amanda Piper/SWNS)

A British girl who moved to the US to recover from her teenage heartbreak has since reunited and married this primary love.

Amanda Piper, 49, break up from Jonathon, 52, on the age of 18 – after two years of courting.

The pair had grown up collectively in Middlesbrough – however determined to interrupt up when Amanda relocated to Arizona in 1991.

Amanda went on to get married and have three sons and – whereas she stored in contact with Jonathon’s household – she didn’t communicate to her former love.

However when her marriage ended, Amanda began to consider Jonathon once more.

Then out of nowhere, Jonathan – who was additionally divorced – added Amanda as a pal on Fb, out of the blue in October 2015.

The pair immediately began speaking and rekindled their relationship – and even tied the knot in Las Vegas the next yr.

Now eight years on, the couple are happier than ever and say they're ‘meant to be.’

Jonathan and Amanda, aged 17
Jonathan and Amanda, aged 17 (Image: Amanda Piper / SWNS)

Amanda and Jonathan on their wedding day.
The couple on their marriage ceremony day (Image: Amanda Piper / SWNS)

Amanda and Jonathan
They initially began courting at 16 – however broke up at 18 (Image: Amanda Piper / SWNS)

Supervisor Amanda says: ‘We began courting after I was about 16 – he was my old flame.

‘I might see him each weekend after I was with my nana and grandad, and I’d pop into his stepdad’s butchers’ store after college to see him. He made me chuckle a lot.

‘I don’t assume you ever neglect your old flame – not less than I didn’t.

‘Typically I have a look at him and assume: “I can’t imagine it’s you.”

‘We have been at all times meant to be.’

Amanda and Jonathan on their wedding day
‘I don’t assume you ever neglect your old flame – not less than I didn’t (Image: Amanda Piper / SWNS)

Amanda and Jonathan
They’ve been reunited for eight years (Image: Amanda Piper / SWNS)

Family in Las Vega
Their household in Vegas for his or her marriage ceremony (Image: Amanda Piper / SWNS)

After reuniting on Fb after years aside, Amanda travelled again to the UK to see Jonathan in January 2016. He then flew out to Arizona in Could and stayed for so long as his vacationer visa would permit – three months.

It was after this journey that the pair knew that they had ‘wasted sufficient time aside’ – in order that they determined to get married in August 2016.

‘I simply knew I couldn’t let him go this time,’ Amanda added.

‘Our households flew over to have a good time and we went to Vegas to get married.

‘It felt surreal, however like the celebrities had lastly aligned.’

Jonathan has since been accepted for a inexperienced card to remain in the USA – the place the couple are actually fortunately dwelling.

He says: ‘I by no means pictured myself dwelling in America, but it surely’s what you do for love.

‘I took of venture after I messaged her in spite of everything that point – however fortunately it paid off and we occurred to nonetheless really feel the identical means.

‘I by no means forgot about her.’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post