I went to the new Love Island villa and the reality is not what I expected

Inside the Love Island villa
Love Island returns with a model new villa (Image: Rex, Metro.co.uk)

Solely issues would possibly look a bit of totally different this yr. Why? As a result of we're spending the summer season in a model new villa. 

After numerous romances, heartbreaks and Hugo Hammond, summers in Love Island won't ever be the identical once more. 

And I used to be lucky sufficient to take a snoop even earlier than queen Laura Whitmore herself and this yr’s OG islanders have stepped foot inside. 

So what did I discover? Effectively let me inform you…

Arriving into the villa is already a paradise, driving up an countless rocky path with no hint of one other soul in sight. 

Love Island villa
The Love Island villa opened its doorways to a fortunate few press, together with Metro.co.uk’s very personal Adam Miller (Image: Metro.co.uk)

And after I obtained there, I used to be greeted with a brand new humongous silver coronary heart which I think about wasn’t only for me however will probably be the very first thing the brand new islanders see once they get there too. 

As soon as inside, regardless of the brand new location, I instantly obtained that acquainted feeling, an immediate rush considering of all of the contestants who had made this pilgrimage earlier than me. 

Solely I left with nothing however a water bottle whereas they are going to hopefully depart with a associate. 

The bed room is greater than ever and going again to its roots

Love Island villa
(Image: ITV)

Love Island villa
It might be greater however the beds are nonetheless shut sufficient for the islanders to listen to all any motion as per (Image: ITV)

Love Island villa
The query is, which islanders will probably be coupled up in the identical mattress? (Image: ITV)

Whereas the women get their very personal dressing room (which we’ll get to later) the boys will choose their outfits inside the primary sleeping quarters and with Love Island selling second-hand trend with new sponsors eBay we even obtained to take a look at their new garms.

We’d like to say we’ll be branching out from the jock impressed outfits we’ve seen each single yr however, alas, anticipate extra tank tops and Hawaiian shirts (or no prime in any respect). 

Additionally, you would possibly discover the beds are actually going through one another for extra intimacy, similar to the outdated days in collection one.

The doghouse is again

Love Island villa
(Image: Metro.co.uk)

Whereas there's fairly actually no motion to ever happen within the Love Island lounge, I've to say as somebody who melts on a light autumnal day, it was my favorite room of the villa, the one place I may sit back and actually chill. 

So it could swimsuit me completely that the canine home is again, tucked away within the wall with a booming neon signal pointing you in the correct route.

The toilet is full of each product beneath the solar

Love Island villa

Love Island villa
… (Image: ITV)

Strolling into the toilet, I used to be instantly confronted with each product conceivable, and cute little bins for everybody to retailer their very own stash, as if there wasn’t an countless provide round. 

After resisting the urge to pack a physique gel or two, as if these sexy actuality stars wanted extra encouragement, there’s neon lights flashing issues like ‘steamy’ and the much less suggestive on paper, ‘splash’, however, actually, it felt like a come on on the time. 

The bathroom is bleak

Love Island villa
(Image: Metro.co.uk)

I don’t know why I used to be anticipating the bathroom to be given the identical garish therapy as the remainder of the villa however after I rushed inside to see the key bathroom that by no means makes it to air, it was an anti-climax, to say the least. 

The necessity to do the Caroline Flack signature strut to the fireplace pit is actual

Love Island villa
is an extended one so we are able to’t think about how the islanders really feel (Image: ITV)

Strolling to the fireplace pit, it's fairly actually not possible to not at the very least try the infamous Caroline Flack strut, bursting out of the bed room to an alfresco corridor means alight with neon purple lights and flowers, to march over to the anxious islanders. 

Love Island villa
(Image: ITV)

Whereas the islanders could also be given zero leisure aside from one another throughout their keep, they do have a pool which is longer than ever (20 toes) and overlooks probably the most unbelievable view which you don’t get to see on the present.

Once I walked outdoors for the primary time, I actually gasped as I regarded forward and noticed nothing however Mediterranean blue skies and inexperienced for so far as I may see. 

The Women Dressing Room is much more of a dream IRL

Love Island villa
(Image: ITV)

Love Island villa
This yr’s islanders will probably be kitted out in pre-loved eBay garments (Image: Metro.co.uk)

For the primary time the women’ dressing room has expanded and every islander will obtain a limiteless provide of merchandise to swimsuit their pores and skin tone and wishes. 

Earlier than getting into the villa, every islander will probably be given a pores and skin check and subsequently merchandise that may mirror their particular necessities. 

I additionally obtained a sneak peek at a few of their new outfits too, with a really questionable snake pores and skin cowboy hat up for grabs which, I've to say, I'm more and more excited concerning the extra I give it some thought.

The Seaside Hut shouldn't be the cosy, comforting house you assume it's

Love Island Beach Hut
Not fairly what you see on the present (Image: METRO/Adam Miller)

Inside Love Island villa
Adam obtained to sit down within the well-known Seaside Hut (Image: Metro.co.uk)

The Seaside Hut could be the one of the vital attention-grabbing elements of Love Island, the place contestants actually expose their true colors.

In actuality, it’s bleak. A tragic little desk sits beneath a blinding gentle and for the primary time I actually remembered I wasn’t within the villa of goals, however on a TV set. And talking of…

The kitchen, eating room and out of doors house will all get demolished

The kitchen, eating space and every thing else outdoors is, clearly, all for present – however the familiarity was overwhelming.

Love Island villa kitchen
The kitchen is all for present and utterly eliminated as soon as the collection ends (Image: ITV)

Love Island villa
Love Island returns on Monday (Image: ITV)

Whereas there are a lot of recollections and dodgy trying breakfasts made within the kitchen, all the space, together with the eating room is definitely scrapped as quickly as filming finishes, and the villa is again to 1 big, spectacular backyard. 

However when truly being there, regardless of it feeling so alien to its breath-taking surrounding, the backyard in its entirety felt like a playground I’d been in so many instances earlier than, like I’d swam in that very pool, bitched about Curtis Pritchard whereas sat in that very hearth pit and sunbathed on these actual solar loungers whereas drenched in issue 70. 

Love Island might have moved to a brand new location, however even for the temporary afternoon I spent in there, it felt like dwelling.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post