
John McEnroe believes Emma Raducanu has been ‘overwhelmed’ by her outstanding Grand Slam win and slammed the ‘unbelievable’ determination to vary coaches after her French Open exit.
Raducanu turned the primary qualifier in historical past to win a significant and ended Nice Britain’s 44-year look forward to a girls’s Grand Slam singles champion on the US Open final 12 months.
Since her fairytale run in New York, Raducanu has suffered second-round defeats in consecutive Grand Slams, with the 19-year-old struggling to copy the heroics that noticed her triumph at Flushing Meadows.
The British primary break up with Andrew Richardson after her US Open win after which allotted with Torben Beltz forward of the clay courtroom season.
American tennis legend McEnroe, who gained seven Grand Slams, says the ‘revolving door of coaches’ has hampered Raducanu’s growth.
The 63-year-old informed Eurosport: ‘Truthfully, if I gained the US Open having gone by way of qualifying, I wouldn’t change my coach no less than for the following 12 months, so I don’t perceive that transfer.
‘Clearly her dad and mom are concerned they usually know greater than I do know. However this concept of a revolving door of coaches I simply don’t suppose that’s good for any participant, a lot much less so for a participant at this stage of her profession.

‘We now have to attend and see and hopefully she finds somebody she will persist with for some time. She has modified coaches, three, 4 or 5 occasions which is unbelievable for somebody who has simply come off profitable a significant.’
McEnroe, who was essential of Raducanu after she withdrew from her fourth-round match at Wimbledon final 12 months, additionally believes the Brit is struggling to deal with the ‘expectation’ of being a significant winner.
‘We now have obtained to maintain slightly perspective right here,’ he added. ‘At Wimbledon final 12 months she was unable to complete a match due to stress and it obtained to be an excessive amount of for her.
‘Then she got here out and did one thing that nobody has ever completed – man or girl – in 150 years of tennis, coming from the qualifying and profitable.

‘Unexpectedly, there may be this strain on her, this expectation, that has gotten slightly bit overwhelming as effectively.
‘I believe motion is a matter for her, clearly expertise, she remains to be very younger. She has kind of put herself in a tough place as a result of lots is predicted of her and with the individuals round her, we aren't certain if she is snug with them simply but. Hopefully within the subsequent 12 months or two she's going to discover that.’
Raducanu confronted Aliaksandra Sasnovich of Belarus within the second spherical of the French Open and took the primary set 6-3 earlier than profitable simply two extra video games and crashing out.
She was eager to take the positives from her clay-court marketing campaign, nevertheless, telling reporters: ‘I’m fairly proud of the progress that I’m making.
‘I do really feel like I’m taking part in some fairly good tennis and on the apply courtroom I’m positively working. Sure issues I’m engaged on on the apply courtroom which can be paying off, they don’t present instantly.
‘There's a little time lag between when they'll truly produce outcomes on a stay scenario. I’m positively getting there.’
.
.
Post a Comment