Kate Moss testifies that Johnny Depp did not push her down stairs

Kate Moss testified by video for simply three minutes on Wednesday within the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard defamation trial, dispelling a rumor that Depp had pushed her down a flight of steps when he was her boyfriend within the Nineteen Nineties.

The 48-year-old supermodel, talking from her English house in Gloucestershire, informed the court docket in Virginia that she and Depp had been in a romantic relationship from 1994 to 1998.

Depp’s lawyer Benjamin Chew requested Moss if something had occurred whereas they had been on vacation on the GoldenEye resort in Jamaica.

“We had been leaving the room, and Johnny left the room earlier than I did, and there had been a rainstorm. As I left the room, I slid down the steps and I damage my again,” Moss informed the court docket by way of the video feed.

“I screamed as a result of I didn’t know what had occurred to me and I used to be in ache. He got here working again to assist me and carried me to my room and received me medical consideration,” she added.

Moss stated Depp had not pushed her down the steps. Requested if, at any level of their relationship, he had pushed her in that manner, Moss stated: “No.”

“He by no means pushed me, kicked me or threw me down any stairs, no,” Moss informed the court docket.

Heard’s attorneys declined to cross-examine Moss, and he or she was informed she was free to go.

Moss was referred to as by Depp’s authorized staff, who appeared to have a good time when her title was talked about by Heard throughout her testimony, when she revived the rumor that Depp had pushed her down a flight of stairs.

Depp himself later took the stand to reject facets of Heard’s testimony earlier within the trial. Amongst these had been Heard’s declare that Depp had taken a handful of ecstasy tablets throughout a visit to Australia in 2015.

Depp testified he had taken the drug, also called MDMA, six or seven occasions in his life. His lawyer requested him straight if he had ever taken eight to 10 tablets directly, as Heard testified.

“No. I’m fairly certain I’d be lifeless. I feel one would die moderately rapidly,” he stated.

Depp’s attorneys requested him the way it had been to hearken to Heard’s accusations in opposition to him in the course of the trial.

“Insane,” Depp replied. “It’s insane to listen to heinous accusations of violence, sexual violence, that she’s attributed to me and accused me of. I don’t assume anybody enjoys having to separate themselves open and inform the reality, however there are occasions when one merely has to, as a result of it’s gotten uncontrolled,” Depp stated.

The accusations in opposition to him, he added, had been “ridiculous, humiliating, ludicrous, painful, savage and unimaginably brutal, merciless and all false. All false.”

The actor additionally disputed a declare made by Heard that he had nothing to do with getting her a job within the superhero blockbuster Aquaman.

Depp stated that after Heard auditioned for the function, he talked to the studio on her behalf. He was barred from discussing the main points of his conversations when Heard’s legal professionals objected, however stated that “finally she did get the job, so hopefully, I suppose, I had curbed their worries to a point.”

However Depp rejected a declare by Heard’s attorneys that he had reached out to Warner Bros executives to have her faraway from the franchise after their marriage collapsed. “I had given my phrase to them, and I felt accountable that I needed to inform them precisely what was occurring and that it was going to finish up ugly,” Depp stated.

All through Depp’s testimony on Wednesday, he appeared extra argumentative, moderately than sustaining the film star veneer he had displayed earlier within the trial. In a single alternate, he steered that Amber Heard’s lawyer had fabricated adverse textual content messages that he allegedly despatched about his ex-wife.

One of many final witnesses to be referred to as, former TMZ worker Morgan Tremaine, testified that Heard had tipped off the gossip web site that she could be at court docket (to file a brief restraining order) and “was going to cease and switch” in order that paparazzi may photograph the bruise Heard claims that Depp gave her.

Tremaine sparred with Heard’s attorneys. Testifying on this case, stated Elaine Bredehodt, “will get you your quarter-hour of fame, doesn’t it?” Tremaine shot again: “I may say the identical factor about taking Amber Heard as a shopper, for you.”

The testimony got here in the course of the rebuttal part of the long-running defamation case. All sides has sought to current the opposite as an abuser throughout their 15-month marriage.

Depp is suing Heard for $50m for libel in Fairfax county, Virginia, over a December 2018 op-ed she wrote within the Washington Publish, describing herself as “a public determine representing home abuse”.

His legal professionals say he was defamed by the article, though it by no means talked about his title.

Depp has denied he ever struck Heard and says she was the abuser within the relationship.

Heard has testified about greater than a dozen cases of bodily abuse she says she suffered at Depp’s palms, and has counter-sued her ex-husband for $100m.

In November, 2020, Depp misplaced a high-stakes libel motion within the UK courts in opposition to the British tabloid the Solar after the newspaper described him as a “wife-beater”.

Moss’s testimony within the US court docket got here within the closing week of the jury trial, with closing arguments anticipated on Friday.

The case continues.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post