Kelly Rizzo: ‘Bob Saget is still my husband but the relationship is different now’

Scleroderma Research Foundation's Cool Comedy - Hot Cuisine New York 2018
The Full Home star died in January (Image: Ilya S. Savenok/Getty Photographs for The Scleroderma Analysis Basis)

Kelly Rizzo nonetheless refers to Bob Saget as her husband 4 months after his loss of life.

The 42-year-old widow – who was married to the Full Home star from 2018 till his sudden loss of life earlier this 12 months, aged 65, whereas on tour – admits that she now has a ‘modified relationship’ with the person nicknamed ‘America’s Dad’.

Talking on a panel about grief that additionally included Amanda Kloots – who misplaced
her husband Nick Cordero to COVID-19 issues when he was 41 – Kelly mentioned: ‘It’s like, he’s nonetheless my husband.

‘It’s not like, “Oh, he’s my former husband.” It’s like … the connection is completely different now. It’s simply — it's what it's.’

She added to the 40-year-old speak present host that each one folks she has misplaced in her life are ‘nonetheless there’ in her soul.

‘You’ll discover I nonetheless don’t say the D-word [death] — I say “the day the whole lot occurred,”‘ she mentioned, whereas she additionally revealed she retains mementos and photographs of the stand-up comedian ‘all over the place’ in her residence.

‘I imply, I nonetheless speak to him and I've his photos all over the place,’ she added.

She defined that when Bob’s three daughters – Aubrey, 35, Jennifer, 29, and Lara, 32 along with his ex Sherri Kramer – got here to her new residence, she informed them to not ‘freak out’.

She mentioned: ‘His women got here to stick with me for you recognize, the primary time since I moved into the brand new home simply this final week, they usually walked in and I used to be like, “So it’s sort of like a museum to your dad, so don’t freak out however sure, he’s all over the place.

‘After which they’ll catch me like speaking to an image each on occasion, they usually’re like “Stepmommy Kelly, are you okay?” ‘

Kelly is aware of that Bob can be comfortable that she tries to ‘assist them or assist them’ by means of their loss.

She mentioned: ‘I do know Bob would need me to be there for his women. I’m not as centered alone grief after I’m making an attempt to assist them or assist them or be there for them.

‘Once I’m doing little issues to attempt to make them comfortable, it sort of takes me out of my head. And I’m additionally on the similar time being like, “Oh, this might make Bob so comfortable, simply figuring out that I’m making an attempt to make them comfortable.” ‘

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post