Michael Owen makes Champions League final prediction as Liverpool face Real Madrid

Michael Owen has made his Champions League final prediction
Michael Owen has made his Champions League closing prediction (Footage: Getty)

Michael Owen has made his prediction for the Champions League closing, backing ‘distinctive’ Liverpool to ‘blow away’ Actual Madrid and be topped champions of Europe for a seventh time.

Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool face Carlo Ancelotti’s Actual Madrid within the 67th Champions League closing in Paris on Saturday night time.

Whereas they narrowly missed out on the Premier League title to Manchester Metropolis, Liverpool have loved an excellent season and are bidding to elevate their third trophy of the 12 months following wins over Chelsea within the EFL and FA Cup finals.

Liverpool received the latest of their sixth Champions League titles in 2019, a 12 months after Klopp’s facet misplaced to Actual Madrid within the closing.

Madrid have additionally impressed this time period, lifting the La Liga title and having fun with a miraculous run to the Champions League closing.

The Spanish facet, who will try to win a record-extending 14th Champions League, appeared set to be knocked out by Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Man Metropolis however overcame all three golf equipment to achieve one other closing.

Regardless of Actual Madrid’s good run, former England striker Owen expects Liverpool to triumph on this weekend’s showpiece and says the Premier League giants ought to be ‘too good’ for the La Liga winners.

‘I feel Liverpool are higher than Actual Madrid and so they might blow them away. 3-1 or 3-0 is my prediction,’ stated Owen, who performed for each golf equipment.

‘I feel they may beat them fairly convincingly as a result of they're an distinctive crew on the minute and are too good for Madrid.’

Chatting with the Each day Mail, Owen added: ‘Actual Madrid have simply accomplished phenomenally nicely to get to the ultimate’

‘I’m positive they imagine their identify is on the title what with scrapping via the group stage after which in fact Chelsea was unimaginable how they received via that. Manchester Metropolis was simply mind-blowing how they beat them as nicely.

‘However I feel Liverpool are so skilled and so good. They received’t need to get right into a grind with them as a result of I feel Madrid are the last word crew relating to know-how and successful shut video games.’

Real Madrid reach 2022 Champions League final after eliminating Manchester City
Actual Madrid shocked Manchester Metropolis within the semi-finals (Image: Getty)

Brazilian ahead Vinicius Junior has been one of many stars of Actual Madrid’s Champions League marketing campaign and Owen has warned Liverpool that he might be a ‘weapon’ in Paris.

‘I feel Liverpool will in all probability have plenty of the ball as a result of I feel Madrid will probably be eager to stop areas in behind them for the likes of Mo Salah and Sadio Mane to run into,’ the 42-year-old stated.

‘However I additionally suppose they are going to need to sit deep to truly encourage Liverpool to play that top line after which attempt to exploit it on the counter-attack.

‘Any opponent will probably be taking a look at Liverpool and considering the way in which we are able to beat them is to try to get in behind them. 

‘When Trent Alexander-Arnold strikes ahead, they’ve received Vinicius that would actually damage Liverpool in that place. 

The Champions League final is heading to Paris
The Champions League closing is heading to Paris (Image: Getty)

‘Everyone does the identical factor and everybody tries it. Whether or not you'll be able to truly do it's one other matter. No query Madrid will probably be taking a look at Liverpool’s excessive line, they’ll be taking a look at Trent going ahead lots and so they’ll be considering Vinicius goes to be a weapon.

‘I feel Ancelotti will attempt to expose that space and Vinicius will probably be one among their key elements. Benzema is in nice type of course, however I feel it’s in behind and Vinicius’s tempo that they could attempt to exploit.

‘Liverpool play a really related manner it doesn't matter what, related formation, and I don’t suppose there will probably be any surprises from Liverpool.  They’ll play precisely how they usually play and it’s usually adequate to win. 

‘Actual Madrid usually tend to need it to be a tactical affair and I undoubtedly count on them to be a counter-attacking crew.’

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post