Mum creates stylish slatted wood wall feature for just £46

mum's diy slatted wood wall
Spectacular! (Image: Tanya O’Kane)

You don’t have to spend a load of cash to get an inside designer really feel in your house.

Simply get artful with some DIY.

In want of some inspiration? Check out Tanya O’Kane’s handiwork.

The mum, 47, didn’t fancy spending a whole lot for a builder to put in an on-trend slatted wooden wall in her house.

So as a substitute, she spent £46 on supplies and did the work herself.

The tip result's an excellent trendy tweak to her front room.

Tanya advised money-saving Fb group DIY On A Price range UK: ‘I got here up with the thought of doing a slatted wall in my hallway, as I’ve seen just a few companies doing it and I appreciated it.

DIY Mum Creates Stunning Slatted Hallway Feature For Just ?46, Saving ?100s
Right here’s what the realm appeared like earlier than… (Image: Tanya O’Kane)

DIY Mum Creates Stunning Slatted Hallway Feature For Just ?46, Saving ?100s
…and after Tanya’s handiwork (Image: Tanya O’Kane)

‘It was tremendous simple to do on my own as I really like DIY and would give something a go.’

Tanya purchased some planed softwood strips and glue, then received caught in.

‘I glued the primary slat on, left it to dry til the subsequent day after which was capable of glue the remaining utilizing the slender finish of the wooden as spacers,’ she defined.

‘I reduce the strips across the mirror to have the mirror sunk in as I solely wished it overlapping the mirror.

DIY Mum Creates Stunning Slatted Hallway Feature For Just ?46, Saving ?100s
All it wanted was some slats of wooden and glue (Image: Tanya O’Kane)

‘I additionally used black paint beneath the slats to make the wooden pop.

‘My mitre noticed and jigsaw made it simpler.

‘I had all of the supplies just like the paint and saws at house so I solely spent £46 on wooden and glue, and saved a fortune doing it myself.

‘With all the things getting dear in the meanwhile together with wooden, I'd quite attempt to do what I need myself.

‘We're happening vacation this yr for the primary time in three years, so I'd quite save and preserve my cash for that.’

DIY Mum Creates Stunning Slatted Hallway Feature For Just ?46, Saving ?100s
Tanya saved a whole lot consequently (Image: Tanya O’Kane)

Is smart to us.

Tanya has been loving DIY initiatives just lately, because it’s a method to keep occupied whereas off work with breast most cancers.

She shares her interiors on her Instagram web page, @59bytheriver.

‘I really like interiors so it gave me a bit enhance to maintain going and busy,’ mentioned the mum.

‘I undoubtedly saved rather a lot doing this on my own as if you get somebody out to do it, it might price just a few hundred kilos!’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post