Mum raising her kids to be bilingual by only letting them watch Spanish TV

Picture of Serita and her kids
The women watch TV in English solely as soon as per week (Image: SWNS)

A mum is elevating her youngsters to have the ability to converse one other language by solely letting them watch TV in Spanish.

Serita Kate Lachesis, who solely speaks one language, desires her two daughters to have the ability to converse each Spanish and English.

Nonetheless, as an alternative of paying for lessons, she is utilizing tv as an alternative and it's definitely working.

Serita permits her daughters to look at TV in English simply in the future per week. In any other case, they watch programmes dubbed with Spanish each different day.

‘Studying one other language from a younger age is a present. For my youngsters to be bilingual is a dream,’ Serita says.

‘It’s a problem as a result of I don’t converse excellent Spanish myself, however I’m attempting to be taught too – though my children are higher than me!

Picture of serita outside
Serita has at all times dreamed of her children talking multiple language (Image: Serita Lachesis/SWNS)

‘I began off simply enjoying Spanish music however as they grew up, I believed, “what if I make every little thing Spanish?”‘

The busy mum can be attempting to be taught the language however says she ‘bumbles by’ conversations.

To assist with vocabulary, Serita locations post-it notes on partitions round the home which the ladies can see usually.

the girls watching TV
The women watch TV dubbed with Spanish (Image: Serita Lachesis/SWNS)

Her eldest daughter, aged seven, just isn't a fan however the youngest, now 5, is already changing into fluent within the language.

And she or he even has a Spanish pal who she solely speaks to in her language.

‘I’m not the primary individual to make use of this method to assist their youngsters be taught a language – immigrants have been doing it for a very long time,’ she says.

‘Nevertheless it’s labored so nicely for me – my daughter being bilingual is my life dream coming true.’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post