Noel Clarke reveals he was suicidal in aftermath of sex offence allegations: ‘I was waiting for the right moment to kill myself’

Noel Clarke
Noel Clarke thought of taking his personal life after sexual misconduct allegations got here to gentle (Image: Getty)

Noel Clarke has shared he was suicidal after sexual offence allegations had been made towards him final yr.

In 2021, the Guardian revealed allegations of misconduct from 20 girls who knew Clarke in an expert capability.

The Physician Who star ‘vehemently’ denied ‘any sexual misconduct or prison wrongdoing’ and mentioned he was ‘deeply sorry’ if a few of his actions had affected folks ‘in methods I didn't intend or realise’.

Talking out for the primary time for the reason that reviews emerged, Clarke has claimed he thought of taking his personal life however reconsidered after a dialog along with his son.

‘I wanted to do one thing unsurvivable,’ he mentioned. ‘I used to be reaching for a ebook and the knife fell out of my pocket. My 11-year-old mentioned, “Daddy, why have you ever received that?”

‘I mentioned, “It’s simply to choose the grime out of my nails…” And he mentioned, “Oh, OK,” and in some way the ordinariness of that snapped me out of it.

Noel Clarke
Clarke ‘vehemently’ denied ‘any sexual misconduct or prison wrongdoing’ (Image: Getty)

Television programme: Doctor Who, starring Noel Clarke as Mickey and Billie Piper as Rose.
The police confirmed that no prison investigation might be launched into the allegations (Image: BBC)

‘As much as that time, I had been ready for the precise second to kill myself. I used to be out of right here. Completed. I didn’t care about something. My thoughts was destroyed.’

Clarke added that his 20-year profession was destroyed in 24 hours because of the allegations.

‘I misplaced every part,’ he continued to the Mail On Sunday. ‘The corporate I constructed from the bottom up, my TV reveals, my motion pictures, my ebook offers, the trade respect I had. In my coronary heart and my head it has broken me in a method I can't articulate.’

In March, police confirmed that no prison investigation might be launched into the allegations.

Television programme : Bulletproof follows two cops, Bishop and Pike, as they chase down hardened criminals in London's East End. On the surface Bishop and Pike have a lot in common they are cool, smart, unapologetically street-wise and tough; they share a deep, fraternal relationship - and are always there for each other. However, they come from very different backgrounds and their personal motivations and emotional lives outside the police force differ as a result: Pike is an aspirational family man, the son of a decorated police officer who's determined to follow in his father's footsteps, but not be in his shadow. Bishop grew up in care homes and on the streets, and never knew his father. Despite these differences Bishop and Pike are bonded by the same moral code and work brilliantly well together even when the chemistry between them looks set to explode.
Clarke says he has misplaced every part he spent the final 20 years working in the direction of (Image: Ali Painter)

The Metropolitan Police mentioned it performed a ‘thorough evaluation’ and concluded that the knowledge acquired ‘wouldn't meet the edge for a prison investigation’.

Scotland Yard mentioned in a press release: ‘On Wednesday, 21 April 2021 police acquired a 3rd occasion report regarding allegations of sexual offences allegedly dedicated by a male over a time frame.

Editorial use only. No book cover usage. Mandatory Credit: Photo by Cipher/Kobal/REX (5884713b) Noel Clarke, Adam Deacon Adulthood - 2008 Director: Noel Clarke Cipher Films UK Scene Still
Clarke’s Bafta membership was suspended following the allegations (Image: Rex)

‘Following an intensive evaluation by specialist detectives it was decided the knowledge wouldn't meet the edge for a prison investigation.

‘We've got shared our findings with the third occasion organisation and up to date the complainants who subsequently contacted us following the preliminary report.

‘If any additional prison allegations associated to these already assessed are reported then it will likely be totally thought of.’

Following the allegations, ITV pulled the concluding episode of drama Viewpoint, wherein Clarke starred, and broadcaster Sky, which had aired his collection Bulletproof, mentioned it was halting work with him.

Bafta additionally suspended Clarke’s membership of the organisation and his excellent British contribution to cinema award, which he had been handed in April 2021.


Want help? Contact the Samaritans

For emotional help you possibly can name the Samaritans 24-hour helpline on , e mail jo@samaritans.org, go to a Samaritans department in individual or go to the Samaritans web site.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post