
When Chelsea Ruby, now 28, found she was pregnant at 20 years outdated, it was an enormous shock.
However when relations instructed the one mum that she had ruined her life and would by no means be capable of do the issues she needed, Chelsea determined to show them incorrect.
How? By fulfilling her goals of travelling the world – together with her son by her aspect each step of the best way.
In 2015, when Reginald was simply two years outdated, his mum booked the duo’s one-wat flight to Thailand.
Since then, the pair have travelled throughout 22 completely different international locations – they usually’re loving it.
‘I fell pregnant unexpectedly,’ mentioned Chelsea.
‘I had damaged up with Reginald’s dad to go and do season in Zante and while I used to be there I had fainted after which discovered was 10 weeks pregnant.
‘I then flew residence and stayed together with his dad for a yr and half however realised we simply weren’t appropriate, we simply had good friendship as a substitute.
‘I made a decision that I needed to take him travelling so I bought every part I had and when he was two we flew to Thailand, and spent three years travelling round world collectively.
‘We visited the Philippines, Cambodia, Thailand, Miami, Florida after which spent seven weeks Europe and drove the throughout the entire coast of southern Europe – from Spain to Italy, it was lovely.
‘We now have visited 22 international locations collectively and he's solely seven.

‘I needed to show I may do that when individuals mentioned I used to be too younger and it was too harmful.
‘I might reasonably die with elephants than crossing highway in London going to work daily. There are dangers in something you accomplish that why not profit from life?’
Chelsea needed to make some main sacrifices to make this way of life work.
She bought all her stuff to afford the journey, which meant that when the household returned to the UK, that they had to enter non permanent lodging.
‘However I didn’t care as a result of I had two years of reminiscences and life is so quick,’ mentioned the mum.

‘In his seven years I've gained extra with him than what individuals would get in 70 years.’
To maintain prices low, the adventurers stayed in hostels Monday to Friday then ‘lived as a king and queen’ on the weekends.
‘I labored so onerous to afford it, and that’s what I would like individuals to understand that if I can do it anybody can,’ Chelsea mentioned.
‘We have been in Thailand for just below seven weeks and with flights and lodging plus spending cash it solely value me £1,500 in complete.
‘If you'd like it could actually you're employed for it, you make these non permanent sacrifices however you make the reminiscences.’
Chelsea now lives between London and Marbella working as a celeb make-up artist.

When she and Reginald returned from their travels, Chelsea selected to home-school her son till he was six years outdated, however he has since joined conventional education.
The mum mentioned: ‘Reginald was progressing a lot independently already, I didn’t need him to be corrupted by faculty.
‘If I had it my method he wouldn’t be at college in any respect, I believe he must be proven life experiences comparable to travelling, the way to take care of debt, credit score scores as a substitute.’
Chelsea hopes that by sharing her story, she’ll encourage different mother and father to take that leap and dwell the life they really need.
She hopes her love of journey shall be handed on to Reginald, too.
‘I used to be fairly materialistic once I was youthful however once I went travelling it made me realise that moments meant greater than purses, footwear and nights out,’ Chelsea mentioned. ‘
It opened my eyes to how huge and exquisite the world is.
‘It made me realise that smaller inexpensive issues are most valuable, and travelling with my son helped me discover myself.
‘I actually hope Reginald will proceed to journey. For his 18th would like to get him sufficient air miles to journey all over the world, I wish to encourage him to go and discover himself, and don’t need him caught in a single friendship group.
‘I learnt that the world is your oyster and really feel like I turned so smart from travelling so I would like him to do the identical.
‘Our travelling collectively undoubtedly hasn’t ended, we've nonetheless go to so many locations to go to however already, these two-and-a-half years have given me a lifetime of happiness.’
Post a Comment