
Will Younger would fortunately join as a decide on the rumoured reboot of Pop Idol.
In an unique interview with Responsible Pleasures, the singer confirmed his curiosity in coming full circle after profitable the primary collection of the expertise contest in 2002.
‘I've heard the rumours, sure, however I don’t know something concrete,’ he teased, including: ‘I feel it will be enjoyable, if it was completed in the precise manner.’
‘As a result of there’s no X Issue, it’d be good. There was solely ever two collection of Pop Idol, so it could possibly be attention-grabbing, amusing.’
It was reported earlier this yr that bosses have been in talks to carry again the ITV present, during which Simon Cowell made his identify as ‘Mr Nasty’.
Nevertheless, Will does have a few caveats, and would solely pull up a seat on the judging desk if contestants have been provided psychological well being care.


‘There must be a wellbeing coach, or one thing there, for me to do it, to ensure every part was completed correctly,’ he defined.
‘If I used to be provided it, that’s what I'd say, I'd solely do it if there was – it’s such an enormous a part of what I do now, I couldn’t do it and never really feel that individuals are being taken care of.’
The 43-year-old, who hosts the podcast The Wellbeing Lab, additionally shared his wishlist of panellists.
‘Somebody like Griff could be attention-grabbing. Additionally, Laura Marling, she’s seen quite a bit, and perhaps somebody like Clara Amfo, as a result of she is aware of about music from one other aspect of issues,’ he contemplated, earlier than quipping: ‘Think about in the event that they have been all judges and I used to be mendacity to you!’

Again with new file 20 Years – The Biggest Hits, in celebration of his TV triumph, Will revealed he's in contact with fellow finalist Gareth Gates – however dominated out collaborating with him once more following their cowl of The Beatles’ The Lengthy and Winding Street.
‘The duet that we did was so linked to [Idol] and a very nice second to have, and I don’t suppose we’d higher that – it’s a lot better to honour that. It was a canopy, however within the context of the present, it was fairly candy, so to do one other one wouldn’t work,’ he insisted.
Will units off on a nationwide tour this autumn, discover tickets right here.
Post a Comment