Jack Grealish: I play with more freedom for England than Manchester City

Hungary v England: UEFA Nations League - League Path Group 3
Jack Grealish has earned 21 caps for England (Picture: Getty)

Jack Grealish has insisted he's unconcerned by criticism of his debut season with Manchester Metropolis however admits he performs ‘with much more freedom’ for England.

Regardless of profitable the Premier League with Pep Guardiola’s facet, the playmaker contributed simply six objectives and 4 assists in all competitions.

That, plus one purpose for England in his 21 caps for his nation, has raised questions concerning the output of the most costly English participant of all time after Metropolis paid Aston Villa £100million for him final summer season.

Manchester City's Jack Grealish (left) and Kyle Walker during the Premier League trophy parade in Manchester. Picture date: Monday May 23, 2022. PA Photo. See PA story SOCCER Man City. Photo credit should read: David Davies/PA Wire. RESTRICTIONS: Use subject to restrictions. Editorial use only, no commercial use without prior consent from rights holder.
Grealish gained his first title with Man Metropolis final season however scored simply six objectives (Picture: Getty)

However Grealish, who's prone to begin Saturday’s Nations League conflict with Italy after impressing off the bench in Tuesday’s 1-1 draw with Germany, careworn he's nonetheless a relative new-boy on the high stage.

‘It don’t actually hassle me,’ he mentioned when requested about his numbers.

‘I may have much more assists, even for England, I don’t know what number of I’ve obtained and what number of penalties I’ve gained, perhaps seven or eight. I really feel I haven’t scored sufficient for England, I nonetheless really feel I can rating much more. I really feel like I can get extra purpose involvements and hopefully I’ll do this subsequent yr.’

Whereas the attacker says he loves taking part in beneath England boss Gareth Southgate, he blames himself for not producing higher figures within the structured surroundings Guardiola supplies.

‘I really feel at instances I’ve performed a bit secure at Metropolis however after I come right here I really feel like even in coaching I practice properly. Rating objectives, get assists,’ he added.

‘Once I come on, it’s onerous to clarify. I do really feel I play with much more freedom right here and hopefully I can switch that into my membership soccer and hold bettering.’

Grealish, 26, claims he's impressed by profitable his first title after Metropolis pipped Liverpool by some extent.

‘That’s why I went to Metropolis, to win titles and actually that was among the finest days ever,’ he mentioned.

‘I really feel happier and hopefully it’s a bit of little bit of aid off my shoulders.’

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post