Kevin Na resigns from PGA Tour to avoid conflict with LIV Golf event

The scale of disruption brought on by the Saudi Arabian-backed LIV Golf Collection has been emphasised after Kevin Na introduced his resignation from the PGA Tour.

The world No 33 will play when the occasion debuts on the Centurion Membership in Hertfordshire from Thursday. Fairly than face sanctions from the PGA Tour for participating within the $25m occasion, Na has terminated his membership.

He mentioned: “For 19 years I’ve performed on the PGA Tour and I've beloved each minute of it. I admire the platform the tour has offered me to play the sport that I like. Current developments within the skilled golf world have given me an opportunity to rethink my choices.

“I would really like the liberty to play wherever I need and exercising my proper as a free agent provides me that chance. Nonetheless, to stay a PGA Tour participant, I need to quit my proper to make these selections about my profession. If I train my proper to decide on the place and after I play golf, then I can't stay a PGA Tour participant with out going through disciplinary proceedings and authorized motion.

“I'm unhappy to share that I've chosen to resign from the PGA Tour. This has not been a straightforward choice [and] not one I take flippantly. I hope the present insurance policies adjustments and I’ll be capable of play on the PGA Tour once more.”

It stays to be seen what number of comply with the lead of the 38-year-old. Some might worry potential motion from the PGA Tour might have an effect on their potential to function in majors.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post