What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in Canning Town, London

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island: Oriana sitting in her living area
Oriana is a yoga teacher who’s initially from Wales (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

Welcome again to What I Lease, our weekly sequence that explores all areas of renting within the UK and past.

Final week we had been in Birmingham with Tamika, who pays £400 for a studio flat.

This time round we’re on the other finish of the renting scale, so to talk.

This week’s renter is Oriana, 44.

Oriana is initially from Wales, however moved to Leamouth Pensinsula by the Thames, final 12 months to open a yoga and meditation studio, known as Hum Yoga.

She rents a flat in Goodluck Hope by Ballymore, however solely spends half her time right here, often travelling again to Wales, the place she lives along with her accomplice.

Oriana additionally owns a property within the space, which she rents out.

We chatted along with her about renting within the constructing.

I pay £2,000 every month, which covers floor hire and repair cost – however not payments.

I've a one-bedroom house, with one very spacious rest room and an open-plan kitchen and dwelling space.

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - oriana sitting on her bed
She’s solely on this flat part-time, as she travels forwards and backwards from Wales (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

With floor hire and repair cost included and entry to all facilities, communal work house, and concierge service, I believe it’s a superb deal!

Perks reside on this constructing after that I’m proper on the water and it’s a 5 minute stroll from my enterprise and surrounded by gyms bars and eating places.

I’m based mostly in Good Luck Hope, a five-minute stroll from the studio I've arrange right here. I like that I can stroll alongside the river to my enterprise and that we now have the whole lot right here; yoga studio, gyms, swimming pools, bars, eating places.

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - large painting, crystals, and buddha statue on the floor
The hire alone is £2,000 a month (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

We bought an funding property on London metropolis Island and received to know the neighbourhood rather well. That led us to seek out this property.

The superb neighborhood and pleasant faces make this place really feel like dwelling – there are all the time socials taking place must you want to have interaction.

I exploit the pool and gymnasium often and I’ve received to know folks largely by means of the yoga studio. There are 15 of us heading to Italy this month on a wellness retreat, it’s a extremely heat and welcoming neighborhood.

I haven’t discovered it troublesome adorning. I like a minimal fashion; clear house, clear thoughts.

I've a lot of photos, vegetation and love recent flowers to make the place really feel like a house.

The owner is nice. It was a no pets coverage however once I requested about bringing my little sausage canine up often, he was nice with that.

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - baskets by plug sockets
It’s very tidy, isn’t it? (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

The house is ideal for me right here alone. I’m normally working however when my household come to go to it by no means feels too crammed.

I believe being in a nook house and surrounded by water offers a really feel of calm spaciousness.

Since renting right here I’ve by no means needed to cope with any issues.

I've no plans to maneuver from this space. I already personal a studio property right here and the enterprise so the plan is to buy an house like this on this location, as quickly as I’m in a position. I additionally love the brand new Elizabeth Line!

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - open-plan living area
Oriana loves how shut the flat is to her yoga studio (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - view from living room
And its easy accessibility to eating places and so forth (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

WHAT I RENT: CANNING TOWN General view of the open plan living room and kitchen to tenant Oriana Shepherd's one bedroom flat in Canning Town, London, 3rd June 2022. Oriana pays ?2000 a month which includes service charge for her building but not any bills. Photo credit: Susannah Ireland
She says the neighborhood, is nice, too (Image: Susannah Eire)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - open-plan living area
The flat is made up of an open-plan dwelling and kitchen space, plus one bed room and a rest room (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - kitchen and dining area
Right here’s the kitchen (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - kitchen
That’s a pleasant blue (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - vase of flowers in the kitchen
Recent flowers? Oriana is clearly a type of super-organised sorts (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - kettle, bottle of prosecco, and French press
And Prosecco! Good (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - chai guys tin, bowl of grapes and a lemon, tea strainer on chopping board in kitchen
What do you reckon the lemon’s deliberate for? (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - balcony
There’s a balcony, too (Image: Susannah Eire)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - bedroom
Right here’s the bed room (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island bathroom
And at last, the toilet (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island bathroom sink, mirror and shelves
Very good tiles and cabinets in right here (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - skincare on a shelf in the bathroom
Somebody takes their skincare severely (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - beauty items and a candle on a bathroom shelf
Very posh (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Rent: Oriana, £2,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat in London City Island - toothbrushes, razors, crystal roller and toothpaste in a cup
However a guide toothbrush! Intriguing (Image: Susannah Eire/Metro.co.uk)

What I Lease is a weekly sequence that’s out each Tuesday at 10am.

Verify again subsequent week to have one other nostril round a rented property.


The way to get entangled in What I Lease

What I Lease is Metro.co.uk’s weekly sequence that takes you contained in the locations persons are renting, to offer us all a greater sense of what’s regular and the way a lot we ought to be paying.

When you fancy collaborating, please e-mail whatirent@metro.co.uk. You’ll have to take photos of your kitchen, lounge, rest room, and bed room, plus a couple of pictures of you in your bed room or dwelling space.

Ensure you get permission out of your housemates! You’ll additionally must be okay with sharing how a lot you’re paying for hire, as that’s fairly necessary.

We're not simply after the prettiest locations on the market, by the way in which. We would like the fact of renting, so if you happen to're at present renting a spot you hate, we might like to see that too (and sympathise vastly!).

This text incorporates placements with affiliate hyperlinks.  We could earn a small fee on purchases made by means of one in all these hyperlinks on these placements.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post