Shawn Mendes ‘heartbroken’ as he postpones tour to focus on mental health: ‘I’ve hit a breaking point’

TORONTO, ONTARIO - MAY 15: Shawn Mendes attends the 2022 JUNO Awards Broadcast at Budweiser Stage on May 15, 2022 in Toronto, Ontario. (Photo by Jeremy Chan/Getty Images)
Shawn Mendes took recommendation from his medical doctors to postpone a few of his tour (Image: Jeremy Chan/Getty Photographs)

Shawn Mendes has revealed he's suspending three weeks of his tour so as to concentrate on his psychological well being after hitting ‘breaking level’. 

The singer, 23, is at present on his Surprise World Tour however revealed he was taking a while out on the recommendation of his medical doctors and group after struggling along with his psychological well being. 

Shawn instructed his followers in a press release studying: ‘This breaks my coronary heart to must say this, however sadly I’m going to must postpone the subsequent three weeks of reveals by means of Uncasville, CT till additional discover.

‘I’ve been touring since I used to be 15 and to be trustworthy it’s all the time been tough to be on the highway away from family and friends.

‘After just a few years off the highway, I felt like I used to be able to dive again in, however that call was untimely and sadly the toll of the highway and the stress has caught as much as me and I’ve hit a breaking level.’

He added: ‘After talking with my group and well being professionals, I have to take a while to heal and maintain myself and my psychological well being, before everything.

‘As quickly as there are extra updates I promise I'll let you understand. Love you guys.’

The Grammy award winner has beforehand been open about his psychological well being with followers, opening up in April about how he typically felt like he was ‘drowning’. 

He defined in an open letter on the time: ‘I’m afraid that if folks know and see the reality they may assume much less of me. They may grow to be bored of me.

‘So in these moments of feeling low I both placed on a present or cover. The reality, in present type is a 23 yr previous who continually seems like he’s both flying or drowning.

PORTLAND, OREGON - JUNE 27: Shawn Mendes performs onstage during the opening night of Shawn Mendes Wonder: The World Tour at Moda Center on June 27, 2022 in Portland, Oregon. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Shawn Mendes)
The singer promised to replace followers on the rescheduled dates (Image: Kevin Mazur/Getty Photographs for Shawn Mendes)

‘Possibly that’s simply what it's to be in your 20’s (I don’t know), or perhaps that’s simply me.’

Shawn added: ‘Typically I actually don’t care what folks assume and I be happy. More often than not it’s a wrestle tho that’s the reality.

‘The reality is even with sp a lot success I nonetheless discover it onerous to really feel like I’m not failing. Hyper centered on what I don’t have, forgetting to see all that I do. The reality is I’m overwhelmed and overstimulated.’

He went on to guarantee involved followers that he's ‘okay’ and hoped that by opening up he might ‘resonate with some folks.’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post