‘Why doesn’t my partner find me attractive any more?’

Sex Column
‘’ (Image: Neil Webb/Metro.co.uk)

Welcome as soon as once more to The Intercourse Column – our weekly collection the place consultants information daters via the uneven waters of love, intercourse, and relationships.

Final time, we helped out a girl who was struggling to belief her new accomplice after discovering he could have cheated on his ex.

This week, we chat with somebody who feels their accomplice not finds them engaging.

However earlier than we dive in, let me introduce myself. I’m the Metro’s new Intercourse Column skilled, Laura Collins.

Working for the Metro seems like a privilege and I’m actually comfortable to have this chance to strive that will help you, the Metro readers. I did my counselling coaching greater than 20 years in the past and since then I've labored for the agony column of a nationwide newspaper.

I gained’t be alone in providing my ideas; I’ll be supported by the three great consultants who're already regulars to this column – counsellor and therapist Rupert Smith, scientific psychologist Dr Angharad Rudkin and writer and broadcaster James McConnachie. 

In my private life I’ve skilled most of the downs of life – to call however a couple of, divorce, bereavement and most cancers – in addition to coping with countless distressing conditions amongst my family and friends.

However I’m a glass half full individual – I at all times work on the premise that there has to be a higher method, it’s only a case of discovering it. I do hope you’ll entrust me and the consultants together with your points, nonetheless large or small, and we’ll do our greatest that will help you discover a method via the ache. 

The Drawback:

What the skilled says:

Please don’t hate your self for attempting other ways to curiosity your boyfriend in intercourse – it’s nearly definitely not a difficulty with you that has precipitated him to lose his sexual urge for food.

When males lose their intercourse drive, it’s usually a symptom of a deeper drawback and would possibly even be linked to melancholy or different well being considerations.

Does he have work or debt worries that you simply don’t learn about?

You say all the things was fantastic till you moved in collectively, and the 2 may very well be linked if he secretly frets about paying the lease or mortgage.

Males usually set nice retailer by their sexual prowess, so discovering out what lies behind his obvious indifference is crucial.

Wholesome communication is the important thing. Attempt to get him to open up with out showing to complain – though it’s necessary to be trustworthy about how you're feeling too.

In the meantime, an general well being verify along with his GP could assist. Couples counselling or intercourse remedy (which shall be obtainable regionally – simply search on the web or ask your GP for a referral) are different avenues chances are you'll want to discover.

Lastly, it’s unlikely, however he could even be questioning his sexuality or have found he's asexual.

Don’t quit but but when the problem can’t be resolved, and you actually have tried all the things, you could ask your self whether or not there's a future on this relationship.

Beautiful although he could also be in some ways, you deserve higher – and when you really need youngsters, chances are you'll want to maneuver on.

For extra intercourse and relationships content material be a part of Jackie Adedeji and Miranda Kane for our weekly intercourse constructive podcast: Smut Drop. It’s a complete new world of sexpertise the place no subject is off limits.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post