John Boyega opens up on love life: ‘I’m very disciplined in the type of women I speak to and I only date Black’

John Boyega on the red carpet.
John Boyega retains his love life out of the highlight (Image: Frazer Harrison/Getty Pictures)

John Boyega has shared an perception into his love life and what he’s on the lookout for in a associate, must you have an interest.

The 30-year-old actor, who performs the position of King Ghezo in The Girl King, has by no means publicly dated anybody, and whereas it appears like he gained’t be any time quickly, that doesn’t imply he’s not on the lookout for love.

Requested whether or not he now focuses on love after specializing in work for therefore lengthy, Boyega stated: ‘Each are a precedence. That’s modified. I’m 30 now. From 28, I simply labored on getting peace and getting myself collectively. Transferring with honesty and transparency. No deceptive. No mendacity. And being dedicated to what I commit myself to.’

And on whether or not or not he was a women’ man, the cheeky star famous: ‘Come on, [I’m] Yoruba. After I was in faculty, I used to be the man. I had many wives.’

Nevertheless, take be aware, Boyega – who was the recipient of viral marriage proposals in 2020 – has guidelines about who he units his sights on in a romantic sense.

He defined in an interview with GQ Hype: ‘I solely date Black, then it’s about chemistry, persona, objectives. Is there a synergy? Can I enable you? Are you able to assist me?

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - AUGUST 17: John Boyega visits SiriusXM at SiriusXM Studio on August 17, 2022 in New York City. (Photo by Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images)
The actor hasn’t publicly dated anybody, and that’s not about to vary (Image: Getty)

Sheila Atim, Viola Davis, Thuso Mbedu and John Boyega attend the The Woman King red carpet.
Boyega, right here with co-stars Sheila Atim, Viola Davis and Thuso Mbedu, stars in The Girl King (Image: Eric Charbonneau/Shutterstock)

‘I’m very disciplined in the kind of girls I communicate to. They don’t need you of their enterprise.

‘Being within the public eye, they would favor if you happen to had the spouse and household. It’s the final word PR package deal. However my mother and father have been collectively for 35 years. There’s nothing that this world can do by way of strain to make me be impressed by the rest however my mother and father.’

His musings appeared to stir just a few punters on-line, with the star responding to at least one Twitter-user who claimed it will be ‘racist’ for a white celeb to recommend an identical factor: ‘After they speak about preffering brunettes or blondes they’re not speaking a couple of wig.

‘My desire is just not a subject for debate. [sic].’

The Small Axe star’s identify has swirled across the pot of potential subsequent James Bonds, however just lately he shared his ideas about whether or not or not that position will ever be performed by a Black actor.

When requested on the Comfortable Confused Unhappy podcast whether or not he would contemplate enjoying Bond, after Daniel Craig hung up his tuxedo, Boyega admitted: ‘I’m sorry however I’m Black – I don’t know the way.

‘Whenever you’re Black, I don’t know the way that goes. You as a white man grew up in a society as a white man and that’s regular. That’s regular to you. Even the point out of a Black Bond is like “Oh, okay.”’

He went on: ‘I don’t essentially imagine that but when that’s what they’re doing then that may be very stunning to me.

‘As an actor, you form of simply keep out of that dialog. But when it’s for you then possibly. But when not you then simply take pleasure in it in a film theatre like everybody else.’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post