Man discovers nose ring he ‘lost in the night’ had been lodged in his lung for the last five years

man discovers nose ring in lung
New nightmare unlocked (Image: Kennedy Information and Media)

When Joey Lykins wakened someday 5 years in the past and seen his septum piercing was lacking, he assumed it had simply fallen out when he was sleeping. 

‘I assumed perhaps I’d swallowed it,’ Joey, who has 12 different piercings, recalled. ‘I seemed in every single place, I flipped the mattress over, I did every part.

‘I've a factor for piercings and tattoos so I simply changed it.’

Joey didn’t suppose a lot else of it after that… till 5 years later, when he wakened coughing so violently that he took himself to the hospital.

He stated: ‘I felt like one thing was blocking my airways and I assumed I used to be sick.

‘About 2.30am I used to be coughing so laborious that my again was beginning to harm and I used to be a bit of involved so I went to the hospital. I assumed perhaps I had pneumonia.

‘It felt like there was one thing there once I was coughing however I simply thought I used to be sick.’

joey lykins in hospital
Joey’s nostril ring fell out in his sleep (Image: Kennedy Information and Media)

On the hospital, the physician’s x-rayed Joey’s lungs to verify for pneumonia. They have been surprised to as an alternative spot the piece of jewelry within the higher lobe of his left lung.

Joey, from Cincinnati, Ohio, US, stated: ‘I had an x-ray and the physician got here in and confirmed me the x-ray image and stated “does this look acquainted?”

‘I used to be like “you’ve obtained to be kidding me? I’ve been searching for that”. 

nose ring in lung
He assumed it had simply obtained misplaced in mattress, however 5 years later he developed a nasty cough… as a result of the nostril ring was in truth in his lung (Image: Kennedy Information and Media)

‘It simply went down my windpipe I assume.

‘My spouse was dumbfounded once I advised her. The physician stated I’d received greatest case of the night time.’

The 35-year-old groundskeeper is aware of it’s laborious to consider until you could have proof – so he made positive he saved copies of his x-ray and even photos from the surgical procedure that reveals the ring being extracted from inside him.

Three days later Joey went to have a bronchoscopy. A skinny tube was handed down his throat and into his lungs and the piercing was pulled out and returned to him.

nose ring in Joey's lung
A horrifying picture of the nostril ring in Joey’s lung (Image: Kennedy Information and Media)

nose ring
Sure, he obtained the nostril ring again (Image: Kennedy Information and Media)

Joey added: ‘I saved it as a memento, I received’t be carrying it once more.

‘I don’t know if it might have brought about harm however it was wrapped up in scar tissue so it didn’t appear to be it was going anyplace.

‘I’m glad it didn’t puncture my lung.

‘It had by no means brought about me issues, I’ve coughed however I by no means thought an excessive amount of of it.

‘I didn’t know what was happening however I by no means have thought that’s what it was. I’ve by no means heard of it taking place earlier than.’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post