Woman who lost hair to cancer ‘pimps out’ bald head with strawberry laces, sprinkles and stick-on gems

Shell Rowe
She’s documented her journey on-line and her hilarious movies have gained thousands and thousands of views (Image: Jam Press Vid/@shellrowex)

A lady with most cancers has shared the hilarious methods she ‘pimps’ out her bald head since having chemo – together with shaving foam and cereal.

Shell Rowe, 23, from Essex, started dropping her hair after present process chemotherapy following a prognosis of stage 4 non-hodgkin lymphoma in 2019.

To make gentle of her hair loss, Shell started experimenting with sticking numerous gadgets to her head, akin to non permanent tattoos, cereal, shaving foam and extra in a bid to show her damage into one thing constructive.

And thousands and thousands are loving Shell’s story – she has documented her journey on TikTok and her hilarious movies are going viral – together with her hottest clip racking up 27.1 million views and 5.5 million likes.

‘I attempt to all the time see issues from a constructive perspective and most cancers is undeniably a horrible, merciless illness,’ Shell mentioned.

‘It’s additionally opened quite a lot of doorways for me and led to some constructive change, as a result of I used to be decided to not let it wreck my life.

‘I've by no means really felt so snug and assured in my very own pores and skin, as a result of I’m lastly courageous sufficient to be the one who I needed to be, relatively than what was anticipated of me.

‘It’s been very liberating and had it not been due to my sickness, I additionally would have by no means began doing TikTok.

‘I've the platform I do in the present day with the alternatives that this brings and it’s additionally impressed my artwork, as I based mostly my graduate movie venture round my experiences and it’s fostered so many friendships.

Shell with cereal on her head
In a bid to exchange her treasured locks, she started experimenting with numerous gadgets (Image: Jam Press Vid/@shellrowex)

SHELL ROWE WITH SWEETS ON HEAD
‘It’s opened quite a lot of doorways for me and led to some constructive change, as a result of I used to be decided to not let it wreck my life.’ (Image: Jam Press Vid/@shellrowex)

shell rowe with shaving foam on her head
Her hilarious movies have gained thousands and thousands of views (Image: Jam Press Vid/@shellrowex)

‘The secret's to all the time be in search of the silver linings in any scenario and actively search to take advantage of with what you might have.’

Within the humorous clip, she begins with ‘crying’ because the textual content reads: ‘My dad and mom devastated that their little lady has most cancers’.

She then switches to a shot of her with a hair-do comprised of foam, with the textual content: ‘Me who can’t cease sticking s**t to my head’.

shell rowe on pom poms
‘I've by no means really felt so snug and assured in my very own pores and skin’ (Image: Jam Press Vid/@shellrowex)

shell rowe
‘It’s been very liberating and had it not been due to my sickness, I additionally would have by no means began doing TikTok’ (Image: Jam Press/@shellrowex)

shell rowe with head painted like basketball
She’s at the moment seven months in remission (Image: Jam Press Vid/@shellrowex)

Shell showcases her many appears to be like in her movies, with every extra inventive than the final, together with a head filled with Cheerios, stick-on gems, strawberry laces and extra.

Customers flocked to the feedback to share their reactions, with many praising the 23-year-old for her constructive outlook.

‘I do know you joke an terrible lot however your dad or mum have to be so happy with your energy and character – you’re an inspiration! simply thought I’d acknowledge it,’ one viewer wrote.

Shell mentioned: ‘I’ve all the time been drawn to creating movies and performing, so it felt like probably the most pure method for me to course of what I used to be going by versus a stereotypical journal.

Tiktok customers have flocked to reward Shell’s constructive outlook (Image: Jam Press Vid/@shellrowex)

‘I do see TikTok like my diary and I discover it very cathartic to put up and share what I’m going by on there.

‘It’s given me a spot to channel all my nervousness into one thing constructive and my reminiscence can also be stunning, so I like having it to remind me of how far I’ve come and what I’ve been by.

‘My favorite look was performed with non permanent tattoos that we simply utilized with water.

Shell Rowe earlier than being identified (Image: Jam Press/@shellrowex)

‘It took round seven hours to finish, however was properly value it as I feel the outcomes have been superb and folks actually loved the creativity.’

Since her prognosis, she’s relapsed an extra 3 times and has undergone a spread of chemotherapies, radiotherapy, CAR T-cell remedy, medical trials and most not too long ago, a stem cell transplant.

Shell mentioned: ‘Earlier this yr, I underwent a stem cell transplant and was lucky sufficient to have my brother as a donor.

‘I spent 10 weeks in hospital recovering and I’m now roughly seven months in remission.

‘I now solely go to the hospital for normal verify ups and to observe my restoration.’

She’s relapsed 3 times since her prognosis (Image: Jam Press/@shellrowex)

Shell hopes she will encourage others who've misplaced their hair to have some enjoyable.

She added: ‘It’s been phenomenal, as I've folks from everywhere in the world attain out to me day by day and share their tales with me.

‘It reassures me that I’m doing the fitting factor and hopefully serving to different folks address their prognosis.

‘All I wish to do with my web page is carry pleasure and laughter to folks, in addition to making the topic of most cancers rather less taboo.

‘For these particularly battling hair loss, I actually encourage you to attempt to have some enjoyable with it.

‘I understand how laborious it's to really feel as in case your id and price is being stripped away as a result of stress we placed on hair in society.

‘However simply know, that your happiness and your character is value way more.

‘There's nonetheless energy and wonder in being bald.’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post