Zipcar’s go-slow over speeding ticket has cost me a £390 fine

I acquired a dashing ticket after I was driving a Zipcar however, due to a protracted processing delay, I've been fined £390 and obtained three factors on my licence.

I used to be caught driving at 24mph on a highway with a 20mph pace restrict on 17 October 2021 and Zipcar was notified of the visitors violation on 26 October. The traditional process is for Zipcar to inform the police who was driving, and to tell them of the visitors violation as quickly as doable. Nonetheless, this didn't occur till 3 February this 12 months.

The police normally provide the choice of attending a pace consciousness course (I had no factors on my licence on the time of the offence) if you happen to reply to the discover of supposed prosecution inside 28 days.

Nonetheless, as a result of Zipcar took three months to alert the police and myself, I acquired a big tremendous and three factors. I crammed out the shape from the police throughout the required timeframe after they wrote to me.

I've appealed in opposition to this punishment since I solely missed the deadline due to Zipcar’s delay in alerting the related events. This doesn’t appear honest, and the corporate has ignored my calls and emails asking for assist.

MH, London

Many individuals see automobile sharing as the long run, however this isn't the primary criticism I've obtained about Zipcar and you've got paid a excessive value for its tardiness. It concerned lots of time and stress in your half however you efficiently challenged the tremendous, which was diminished to £90 at a crown courtroom enchantment listening to. Nonetheless, the factors stand.

Zipcar has apologised and is providing to refund the £90 and says it's going to support your efforts to have the factors eliminated by offering a letter confirming its processing error.

Zipcar says: “Since this incident we've made enhancements with the processing of penalty cost notices to keep away from any additional points. We additionally advise all members to drive responsibly, and keep away from dashing in any circumstance.”

You aren't glad with Zipcar’s clarification, not least as a result of the corporate deducted a £15 processing price out of your account for coping with the violation. You need that again, too.

We welcome letters however can't reply individually. Electronic mail us at client.champions@theguardian.com or write to Shopper Champions, Cash, the Guardian, 90 York Manner, London N1 9GU. Please embody a daytime telephone quantity. Submission and publication of all letters is topic to our phrases and circumstances


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post