Diplomats arrive at bloke’s house thinking it’s the Moldovan Embassy

Hughie Shepherd-Cross, 24, even put up a gold plaque as part of the bizarre prank.
Hughie Shepherd-Cross, 24, additionally obtained calls from confused Moldovans (Image: SWNS)

A person who jokingly listed his house because the Moldovan Embassy says he has since been inundated with ‘confused’ calls.

Hughie Shepherd-Cross, 24, even put up a gold plaque as a part of the weird prank.

He had uploaded particulars of his tackle, of a flat in Fulham, London, to Google Maps and marketed the placement because the Moldovan embassy’

Hughie added his telephone quantity to make the ruse much more plausible, and inspired friends to go away opinions.

Quickly sufficient, confused Moldovans have been ringing the 24-year-old for recommendation.

And in December, whereas he was at house along with his three housemates, two overseas diplomats turned up on his doorstep.

Hughie mentioned: ‘I obtained a number of telephone calls from confused Moldovan residents from the place I’d listed my quantity on-line to make the tackle look extra actual.

‘When the 2 overseas diplomats knocked on my entrance door, me and my housemates have been in denims and t-shirts and had no thought who they have been.

The prankster says he put up a plaque and uploaded the tackle to Google Maps (Image: Hughie Shepherd-Cross / SWNS)

‘They will need to have been so confused seeing [us] standing in entrance of them, and due to the language barrier we couldn’t reply any of their questions.’

Hughie has since apologised for any ‘geopolitical confusion’ along with his joke.

The actual Moldovan embassy fortunately lies only a few miles away in Chiswick, that means every other confused diplomats gained’t have far to be redirected to.

Hughie added: ‘I’m very sorry for any geopolitical confusion I triggered, it was meant to be a innocent joke and I didn’t imply to offend the individuals of Moldova.

Hughie has eliminated the plaque and apologised for inflicting any ‘geopolitical confusion’ (Image: SWNS)

‘The Excessive Fee for Grenada is on the finish of my street, so I made a decision to get plaque made saying Embassy of Moldova for a joke.

‘I caught it on with screws outdoors my home, and made a pretend tackle – however for months nothing occurred, and I just about forgot it was even there.’

Hughie has since eliminated the plaque – which he mentioned was good timing.

He mentioned: ‘There was experiences of Putin planning to invade Moldova, and if he did, and we nonetheless had the pretend embassy tackle, who is aware of what would have occurred!’

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post