George Alagiah taking break from BBC News after scans confirm cancer has spread: ‘It’s back to some tough stuff’

George Alagiah
Alagiah has confirmed his most cancers has unfold (Image: BBC)

George Alagiah will probably be stepping again from presenting BBC’s Information At Six after scans confirmed his most cancers has unfold additional.

The newsreader, 66, was identified with stage 4 bowl most cancers in 2014 and took a break from his presenting duties in October 2021 earlier than returning to work in April this yr.

‘A current scan confirmed that my most cancers has unfold additional so it’s again to some robust stuff,’ he mentioned.

‘I’m lacking my colleagues. Working within the newsroom has been such an vital a part of retaining energised and motivated.

‘I look ahead to being again in that studio as quickly as I can.’

Alagiah underwent 17 rounds of chemotherapy after his prognosis in 2014.

George Alagiah on BBC 6pm news 8th April 2013
Alagiah was identified with stage 4 bowl most cancers in 2014 (Image; BBC)

He then returned to BBC Information in 2015 and mentioned he was a ‘richer individual’ for the expertise.

His most cancers then returned in December 2017, subsequently forcing Alagiah into extra therapy.

In 2020, he examined optimistic for coronavirus after selecting to maintain a distance from the studio on account of being weak within the pandemic.

Alagiah instructed The Instances on the time: ‘My docs have by no means used the phrase “persistent” or “remedy” about my most cancers.

‘They’ve by no means used the phrase “terminal” both. I’ve all the time mentioned to my oncologist, “Inform me once I must type my affairs out”, and he’s not instructed me that, however what he did inform me is that the most cancers is now in a 3rd organ. It's in my lungs.’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post