Hiker’s attempt to climb Mont Blanc in a tracksuit went as you might expect

British hiker rescued trying to scale Mount Blanc in a tracksuit
‘I wished to present myself a birthday current. Perhaps it wasn’t such a good suggestion’ (Image: Equipped)

A British hiker rescued in a storm 10,170ft up Mont Blanc carrying a tracksuit claims he was properly ready for the ascent – however thought he was going to die.

Aerospace engineer Feda Hussein – scaling the Alpine peak for his twenty sixth birthday – was saved by Italian rescuers after phoning for assist.

‘I did have the fitting gear,’ he insisted. ‘I had crampons, a harness and twine with me.

‘It’s simply after they discovered me my gear was coated with snow. It’s nonetheless up there. I took my crampons off so I may get in my sleeping bag.’

Mr Hussein, of Portsmouth, has climbed Snowdon however primarily makes use of indoor services.

He added: ‘I bought misplaced and the climate turned, which made issues worse. I admit it was fairly scary.’

A worker from Aosta Valley Mountain Rescue attends to Hussein who was unconscious and on death's door with a body temperature of 25 degrees C BRITISH MAN RESCUED MONT BLANC
‘I bought misplaced and the climate turned…I admit it was fairly scary’ (Image: Equipped)

Rescuers advised him to remain put amid the storm on the Bionnassay glacier.

‘We stayed in contact for a couple of hours,’ he mentioned.

‘Then I bear in mind calling and saying, “Don’t fear, I’m going to die in a minute”. The following factor I bear in mind is waking up in hospital.’

Medical doctors mentioned his temperature had fallen to 25C – the norm is 37C – and he was ‘5 minutes from dying’, he advised Mail On-line from his mattress.

He added: ‘I wished to present myself a birthday current. Perhaps it wasn’t such a good suggestion.’

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post