‘I hope the apology is as loud as the disrespect’ – Conor Benn speaks out following reports he failed a SECOND drug test

Conor Benn
Benn returned an adversarial discovering within the lead-up to the Chris Eubank Jr struggle (Image: Getty)

Conor Benn has hit out at experiences claiming he failed one other drug take a look at earlier this 12 months.

Final week it was revealed Benn, 26, had returned an ‘adversarial’ discovering for banned substance clomifene, resulting in his vastly anticipated grudge match in opposition to Chris Eubank Jr being postponed simply 48 hours earlier than the opening bell. Clomifene is principally used to deal with infertility in ladies however can improve testosterone in males.

A brand new report now claims Benn is being investigated over one other failed take a look at from earlier this 12 months for a similar substance.

Benn secured a first-round knockout victory over Chris van Heerden in April, having secured one other devastating stoppage win over Chris Algieri in December.

The Each day Mail quote an ’eminent supply’ who claimed one other optimistic discovering has been coated up, telling the newspaper: ‘Sure. Earlier this 12 months. Identical stuff.’

Following the report, Benn appeared to hit again on social media, writing on his Instagram story: ‘I hope the apology is as loud because the disrespect.’

Benn’s camp have repeatedly denied any fallacious doing with the welterweight vowing to clear his identify.

Conor Benn
Benn shared his message on Instagram on Wednesday (Image: Getty)

‘I'm actually gutted that we have been unable to make this struggle occur on Saturday and I'm sorry to everybody who has been affected by the postponement,’ Benn stated after his struggle in opposition to Eubank Jr was formally known as off final Thursday.

‘I'm nonetheless fully shocked and stunned by this and it has been a tricky couple of days. My crew and I'll contemplate the following choices together with rescheduling the struggle, however my fast is on clearing my identify as a result of I'm a clear athlete.’

Coach Tony Sims has additionally vowed to face by his fighter.

Conor Benn
Eubank Jr and Benn have been set to struggle final Saturday (Image: Getty)

‘After 26 years in boxing, a sport I really like and have devoted my life to, I can say hand on coronary heart that I've by no means skilled or witnessed any athlete in my camp fail an anti-doping take a look at, voluntary or necessary and I stand proud by that reality,’ Sims stated.

‘Immediately leaves me actually devastated as we name a postponement to such an incredible occasion that I used to be honoured to say I used to be a part of.

‘I've labored carefully with Conor Benn for the final 7 years, creating and mentoring him as a fighter within the ring and a person exterior of it.

‘Particularly now we have accomplished this latest 12-week camp alongside Nigel, his father who has lived with Conor day after day, starting to finish.

‘Having spoken to Conor personally in size surrounding the topic and listening to him, I assist him as a coach and a buddy.

‘We're decided to resolve this as a crew, working carefully with Conor’s authorized advisors in an effort to know the which means of the ‘adversarial discovering’ and resolve this matter urgently.’

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post