Kevin Spacey’s lawyer claims he was victim of ‘so-called Me Too movement’ as trial begins in alleged sexual assault civil claim

Kevin Spacey
Kevin Spacey is at the moment standing trial in New York (Image: Getty)

Kevin Spacey’s lawyer has claimed he was a sufferer of the MeToo motion.

The Home of Playing cards actor is at the moment standing trial in New York over allegations of sexual assault.

Anthony Rapp accused the 63-year-old of assaulting him at a celebration in 1986, when he was 14 years previous, claiming he was the sufferer of an ‘undesirable sexual advance’.

Spacey appeared in court docket in individual on Thursday because the case started, together with his lawyer alleging that Rapp made the accusations in 2017 ‘for consideration’.

Talking in her opening arguments within the civil proceedings in protection of a declare for damages introduced by Mr Rapp, Jennifer Keller informed the court docket: ‘One of many cardinal guidelines of the so-called MeToo motion (is) that you need to imagine the sufferer. You’ll see that Mr Spacey stated, “This didn’t occur, I don’t bear in mind it.”

‘They informed him to apologize. It was cleverly arrange by Mr Rapp…

Kevin Spacey
Opening arguments for Spacey’s sexual assault trial started on Thursday (Image: Getty)

‘He’s been telling this story to lift his personal profile. He by no means turned the worldwide star Kevin Spacey did. He has been simmering with resentment. It’s not simple to defend this, after 30 years.’

Rapp has alleged that the Oscar-winner invited him to a celebration in 1986, earlier than making an attempt to seduce him.

In paperwork seen by PA, he claimed that Spacey picked him up and put him on a mattress, earlier than pushing his physique weight in opposition to him.

He alleged that he then ‘wriggled out’ with no resistance.

Spacey has fiercely denied all accusations in opposition to him, and stated that none of his interactions with the Star Trek: Discovery actor had been ‘for the aim of degrading or abusing him’.

‘I categorically deny plaintiff Anthony Rapp’s declare that I sexually assaulted him or in any other case made a ‘sexual advance’ on him,’ he beforehand stated.

‘I met Mr Rapp a number of many years in the past. I by no means had a sexual encounter with Mr Rapp. Nor did I harbor any sexual curiosity or need in Mr Rapp at the moment or any time.

‘Nor did I've bodily contact with Mr Rapp or another interplay with him that was for the aim of sexual gratification of both me or him.

‘Any suggestion in any other case by Mr Rapp or anybody else is completely false.’

The trial continues.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post