Manchester City’s Kyle Walker a doubt for World Cup after groin surgery

Italy v England: UEFA Nations League - League Path Group 3
Kyle Walker has been a key man for Gareth Southgate as England supervisor (Image: Getty Photos)

Kyle Walker might miss England’s World Cup marketing campaign this winter after present process groin surgical procedure this week.

The 32-year-old suffered the harm within the Manchester derby on the weekend, limping out of Manchester Metropolis’s enormous 6-3 win on the Etihad on Sunday.

He missed the comfy Champions League win over FC Copenhagen on Wednesday night time and supervisor Pep Guardiola instructed the full-back can be out for weeks because of an ‘stomach’ situation.

The Telegraph has now confirmed that Walker in actual fact had groin surgical procedure earlier this week, which leaves him a doubt for the World Cup, with England’s first recreation in Qatar towards Iran on 21 November.

Walker posted a message on social media which learn: ‘As gamers we've got to understand accidents are half and parcel of the sport we love.

‘My operation on Tuesday was successful and now I can focus on my rehab and getting again to full health. I can be supporting my crew mates daily in any approach I can.’

Preliminary squads are introduced on 21 October, with a remaining 23-26 participant squad introduced on 14 November, which places Walker towards the clock to recuperate.

After Metropolis’s 5-0 romp over Copenhagen on Wednesday, Guardiola stated: ‘It’s one thing stomach and he can be some time out. I don’t know (how lengthy). I can't say anything.

‘Kyle can be out for a bit. We now have to talk to the docs. Hopefully he can get (again for the World Cup) like Kalvin (Phillips).

Manchester City v Manchester United - Premier League
Kyle Walker was subbed off throughout the first half of the Manchester derby on Sunday (Image: Getty Photos)

‘I understand how necessary the World Cup is for the gamers however truthfully I don’t know proper now.’

He added: ‘It is going to be for some time. I don’t know precisely however weeks. Perhaps the membership will make an announcement within the subsequent days.’

Manchester Metropolis usually are not flush with choices at full-back, with teen Sergio Gomez enjoying at left-back and Joao Cancelo on the correct towards Copenhagen.

The 22-year-old Spaniard could also be set for extra possibilities within the first crew after Walker’s harm after his transfer from Anderlecht over the summer time.

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post