My date was a wannabe rockstar – he started doing cocaine off old copies of NME

‘Do you want Pete Doherty?’

I’ve been requested many questions after I’ve been getting undressed, able to have intercourse – however that had by no means been considered one of them. Neither was my date’s subsequent query…

I met Nate* in a smoking space of a membership after I was 20. He was just a little older, and as tall as he was cocky, with floppy, two-day unwashed black hair, piercing blue eyes, and unhealthy tooth. 

I believed he was match, and it’s apparent to me now, wanting again, that I used to be clearly overdue an eye fixed take a look at simply as a lot as he wanted to go to the dentist.

We swapped numbers and went for a drink a number of days later, however we each knew that we had been solely all the way down to f**ok – flirting (badly) with the idea of pretending like we had been on an actual date earlier than inevitably going again to his flat. I used to be happy the sensation was mutual.

This was late 2013; The Libertines’ self-titled second album was approaching its 10 yr anniversary. As an alternative, individuals had been listening to Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Expertise, AM by the Arctic Monkeys, Bangerz by Miley Cyrus, Run the Jewels, and each Paramore and Franz Ferdinard’s fourth albums. It was a superb, if eclectic time to be alive – that's, for apparently everybody besides Nate.

For him, life had misplaced which means when Pete Doherty had fallen out of the highlight.

Pete Doherty of The Libertines in concert at Rhythm Factory in London 2004
Pete Doherty of The Libertines in live performance at Rhythm Manufacturing facility in London 2004 (Image: J. Quinton/WireImage)

Doherty was in his mid-thirties; all the time pictured profusely sweaty, and battling dependancy – with a quick performing profession that was a flop. He had been declared previous information as quickly as he’d cut up up with Kate Moss

However to Nate, Doherty was a god. ‘He’s my function mannequin,’ Nate arrogantly informed me as my eyes drifted to the stacks of NME and posters along with his face on, between moist kisses and half-baked tit gropes over garments. It was like some form of shrine within the nook of his disgusting scholar flat.

Abruptly, the hair, the tooth and thin denims made sense. However I’d already unhooked my bra by this level and was I f**ok placing that again on to get out of there. It was too late to depart.

‘Do you want Pete Doherty?’ he requested me. To me, I all the time thought Doherty appeared like undesirable cheese that had been saved in an air-tight tupperware field, not Zeus. 

‘Errr, I-’ I began replying, desperately considering how to not insult this obvious grown man, earlier than Nate crouched over his shrine. I genuinely thought he was kissing a canopy of NME with Doherty’s face on however that’s after I heard an almighty snort. 

‘Would you like a line?’ he requested me, holding out a replica of NME. With strains of cocaine racked up on Pete Doherty’s face.

I almost choked on a mix of disgust and laughter. I politely declined when he supplied, hoping the intercourse can be much less pathetic.

London, England - March 08, 2014: NME front cover
I genuinely thought he was kissing a canopy of NME (Image: Shutterstock / Lenscap Images)

However the intercourse was precisely like Doherty’s again catalogue: temporary moments of satisfaction that might have been pure gold, however total an overwhelmingly anticlimactic 40 minutes.

Besides, when he got here (I didn’t, thanks for asking) his entire physique went stiff on high of me. He froze, and his face morphed into the ugliest factor I’d ever seen. He stopped respiration. He appeared like he was dying.

‘Are you OK?’ I requested, frantically – anxious the medicine had made him have a coronary heart assault. After the longest 5 seconds of my life, considering of what I’d inform my mom when the police discovered me in mattress beneath a useless indie man-child, he relaxed and rolled over. 

‘I don’t do cuddles,’ he breezily stated, his pupils the dimensions of pennies, earlier than he began loud night breathing. Used to the frequent disappointment of males, I turned over and tried to stare at something however Pete Doherty’s glazed eyes within the nook. Making an attempt to return to phrases with what simply occurred.

It acquired worse. After dozing off for a number of hours, my bowels instantly woke me up, clearly in a state of disgust. Sweating, I ran bare to Nate’s rest room. I blocked his bathroom.

After all, Nate spent more cash on indie magazines than bathroom roll as there wasn’t a scrap in sight. For a quick second of heady insanity, I thought of defiling his treasured copies of NME. I may sneak in there, and blame it on his drug-induced stupor, I believed to myself. 

As an alternative, after a prolonged time period of profusely sweating in an identical approach to Nate’s icon, and rocking forwards and backwards in what would possibly as nicely have been a squat, I calmly acquired as much as retrieve my garments. After gingerly placing them on, not desirous to wake Doherty Jr. on the mattress earlier than me, I waddled residence in hysterical laughter.

Nate invited me again, even after the state I left his rest room in, however I left him and his ego on learn.

I’m certain he can’t stand me now.

*Identify has been modified


So, How Did It Go?

So, How Did It Go? is a weekly Metro.co.uk sequence that may make you cringe with second-hand embarrassment or ooze with jealousy as individuals share their worst and finest date tales.

Wish to spill the beans about your individual awkward encounter or love story? Contact jess.austin@metro.co.uk

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post